Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Toussuire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This place has come to my attention and unfortunately the search function doesn't throw up a huge amount of info. Looking at w/c 31 March so towards end season (or end if it's another 2011 Toofy Grin ). Piste map looks reasonable but would like to know a bit more about the area. Vibes I'm getting seem to suggest something for everyone, not for people who want big challenges. That's probably going to suit me, I won't be looking for gnarly stuff next season and might be a tad more nervous after injuries this year Toofy Grin My two boys would be happy with a good mixture of reds and blacks. I'll do the same with less of the black. OMG I'm sounding nervous already.......

Quite like the idea that it's quite 'French' and cheaper.......
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lou, Hi,, La Toussuire is one of 5 station in Les Sybelles, Totaly there is 77 lifts and 300km of pists. Les Bottieres and St Colomban, is to low level, now idea to stay there, La Toussuire 1750m, A family station, Most blue and red slopes, Cheap to stay there, easy lift acces to St Sorlin, Good offpist, most tourists from france, but also from Netherland and Belgium, Le Corbier 1550m, most red some blue, one black, Good offpist to Saint Sorlin from backside of Point de Corbier, not so nice station, British tourists in Les sybelles stay here, Saint Sorlin 1600m, here is the best skiing on two mountain, La Balme 2200m and Les Perrons 2620m most slopes are red and black with some blue, the offpist here is excelent, UCPA have a Basehotel here, here stay the scandinavian that go to Les Sybelles,, all the area and specally Les Toussuire is very french, thats means its cheap, There is some very good restarants in La Toussuire, Here I stay when I go with my family, the pricelevel is 20% less than other big station in france, Thats make a big different for a family, You can also have a deal with the Hotel or residence with a good price for the skipass, when we was here this season, we pay only 126 euro for a 6 days Les Sybelles skipass, its also easy to drive, motorway all the way except the last 15km
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With freeheelskier, but 31 March is quite late for Les Sybelles.

I went to St. Sorlin d'Arves about 6 years ago and it was cheap and cheerful. I would recommend it for beginners/families.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 10-05-11 11:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lou, I skied in Le Corbier many years ago and that was ok for the skiing, but a fairly ugly purpose built resort. Le Corbier is now linked to La Toussuire as part of Les Sybelles ski area, so I would expect there to be much more skiing now.

IIRC ColinB has been to this area more recently, so might be worth sending him a PM in case he doesn't see this thread.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seen it Very Happy I stayed in St Sorlin D'Arves in 2006/7. One thing I would say is if you are looking for blacks there are few if any in Les Sybelles.

Trip report http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=277919
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

but 31 March is quite late for Les Sybelles.

This season its was to late, we arrived here 3rd april, it was very bad with the snow, as in most part of french northern alpes, but normaly its not to late to go here the first week in april
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all Very Happy

Colin B, will read your report after physio appt.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, In your report you say, "However there aren't really any fast chairs and there are quite a lot of drag lifts." thats not realy true, they have realy update the liftsystem the last years, but there is still draglifts that access Le Corbier and La Toussuire, and there is still some slow chairlifts, but they uppdate every year, And its not realy interresting if there is black runs or not, but there are, the most realy good skier like most to ski fast in red slopes, and steep offpist, there is alot steep offpist in les Sybelles, just to be so good skier that you find it wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
freeheelskier, My last visit was 4 years ago so it's nice to hear they're upgrading the lifts. I liked it there and will return some time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, thanks have caught up with your trip report. It sounds good but I'm wondering if it's just a little too late in the season. We ski every April, maybe a little more jittery after this year even though I know very well most resorts are likely to be absolutely fine. Will put it on the list though and discuss Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lou, Normaly, its fine in the beginning of april Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy