Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Germany's Winter Olympics bid given a vote of confidence in referendum

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Garmisch-Partenkirchen has voted to back the 2018 Winter Olympics bid in a referendum, despite local opposition. Opponents have insisted that the Olympics would prove to be too big for the town, and would pose financial and environmental risks....Source and more info: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15060369,00.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
more info on the german bid and other bidders here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bids_for_the_2018_Winter_Olympics

I think Germany have a great chance at getting it and making Munich the first city to host both summer and winter games. Have a feeling it's Asia's turn though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Have a feeling it's Asia's turn though.

I don´t think, Its Munich vs Annecy , talks for Munich not more than 1h driving to the Alpine arenas (G-P), and that will be the first resort that had summer and winter olympics,
talks for Annecy, A genuine mountain town, near to the alpine arenas, also there is a political reason to give the olympics to Annecy, to give france the game beacause London will have next summer game, and its was London vs Paris in the end,,,
But anyway my vote is for Annecy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope the IOC are a tad more ethical in their dealings than FIFA!

I'd vote for GP/ Munich vs Annecy, logistically much better and whilst France offers many varied winter sport facilities easy access into the Tarentaise Alps isn't without issues and this is surely a major factor. Also could France (or rather the French government, ie taxpayer) stomach the major infrastructure cost required at this time of austerity? 1992 Albertville is a long time ago, its now a much bigger event and the media circus that follows these events is massive now compared with then and IOC would need re-assurance re accessability issues IMO.

Have a sneaky feeling that Japan (sympathy vote following recent events) or Russia (want to see my nice collection of Rubles?) may get the nod though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry didnt realise it was down to these ans S Korea................durr!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, Yep. Russia already paid their rubles and got the next Winter games in 2014 at Sotchi. Hope to be there watching TJ and the other GB guys & girls.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy