Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Argentinian skiing booms, as cash-rich Brazilians stream in

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A soaring Brazilian currency, against the background of a huge 2002 devaluation of the Argentinian peso, has resulted in boom business for Argentina's ski resorts.
Quote:
"The season is magnificent,'' said Paula Gomez, sales manager of Catedral Alta Patagonia, the company that has run Catedral Mountain [Bariloche] since 1996, in an e-mail. "Brazilians are willing to come to the snow, many of them are having their first experience skiing.''

This report (which doesn't mention the snow this year - presumably another key factor) from Bloomberg.com

Anyone skied in Argentina?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As part of the first British Team (from any sport, I think) to compete in Argentina after the Falklands war, I skied at Las Lenas and Bariloche in 1985. The former is very high and has better snow, but is a small, bleak, purpose-built resort. The latter is a large town with crazy nightlife, but lower slopes which didn't have good snow that year. For an all-round interesting holiday I would definitely choose the latter; Bariloche is a FUN town!
The locals were almost totally anglo-phile and anxious to put the war behind us, although there was one anonymous death threat phoned into the race organisers at Bariloche.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Martin Bell,

Agree with Martin. Bariloche has a real European feel.

As for the Brazillians on my visits to SA (Especially Argentina) theynhave allways made up large numbers after the North Americans .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin Bell,

As for the Brazillians on my visits to SA (Especially Argentina) theynhave allways made up large numbers after the North Americans .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin Bell,

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy