Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

From Post Office to Piste Office - FINALLY

Poster: A snowHead
Hey, great news spyderjon. Good luck Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, I would guess he's in Lambley Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, ah yes, possibly wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks everyone for the support.

It's a bit of a scary time as unfortunately the building comes with a reasonable amount of residential space that I need to seperate, convert & off-load to make the remaining shop a viable proposition - but it's the only shop in the village & I know I'll forever regret it if I don't go for it.

cathy, Lambley is a few miles due east of Nottingham which is the wrong side of Derby for you I'm afraid. Hopefully the biccies wil make it worthwhile Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, congratulations on your acquisition.

So your First Class service should take about 1 week and Second Class a fortnight Puzzled wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Freddie Paellahead, Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, congratulations, glad this came off for you, I've been wondering how it was moving along.

Now, who do you know who's in fit out Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
midgetbiker, yeh, it does help. My subbies have been wondering why I've been easy on them for the past few months Very Happy

And yes, before you ask, I sent my WDF stock order to Andrew last week!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, best of luck jon, I am sure it will be downhill all the way for you Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, Glad to hear it went through ok, good luck!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had a few months delay due to banks reneging on offers & a couple of minor structural issues following the survey but we've now finally exchanged contracts & we're due to complete the purchase on the 31st Aug - providing Mosha Marc does his bit on the conveyancing front.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, Good news, not sure about Mosha Marc though. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon, fantastic! So long as you don't have the experience I had. Although the person doing my conveyancing was actually trained by me, there were several hours on the day of completion, during which I had neither the new house nor my money! rolling eyes Don't take any nonsense from any of those nasty solicitor types! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica wrote:
Don't take any nonsense from any of those nasty solicitor types! wink

They're very evil, but don't let them know my address. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geepee, I was suddenly reminded of that epic thread in which rumdiary said that I must be 'one of those underemployed, fixed fee, high street conveyancers' of which he thought less than highly. Laughing I'm pretty sure Mosha Marc isn't one of those, any more than I was. Everything will be fine, spyderjon, not to worry! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
How on earth did I miss this thread Shocked . I walked past the flipping place only the other week! Good luck, jon Cool . cathy, you don't really want to learn how to service skis, do you? Just let jon get on with them and I'll meet you for a drink and a gossip snowHead .
ski holidays
Outstanding! Is there room around the back to build a snowdome? That should be stage 2 of your business development.
snow conditions
spyderjon, adding my congratulations too. And love the name!
snow report
maggi, I'm with you, how did we miss it, good luck Jon, might even take another drive up there when you open, I'm sure there will be something I need Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

How on earth did I miss this thread

+1. Sounds like a very exciting venture - all the very best with it. I probably do need a top-up of my ski servicing skills; I fear I've been cutting too many corners!!
latest report
geepee wrote:
spyderjon, Good news, not sure about Mosha Marc though. wink

Neither am I.

Thankfully my staff know their onions wink
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
'one of those underemployed, fixed fee, high street conveyancers'

Shit, how did he find out about me!!
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, Laughing
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
cathy, you don't really want to learn how to service skis, do you? Just let jon get on with them and I'll meet you for a drink and a gossip snowHead .

Laughing sounds a much better idea! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Let us know when the venture moves into the post-piste-office stage and the closing down sale is on.
latest report
Quote:

Let us know when the venture moves into the post-piste-office stage and the closing down sale is on.

Benzknees, I haven't posted on snowHeads for a couple of months, and probably won't for a few months more at least. But that was so pathetic that it needs countering.

Just piss off now you puerile muppet. Jon has been a continuing help and resource to hundreds of snowHeads. He is doing something here which is far from an easy step. Good luck to him.

I don't know you, and don't want to know you. Go away. Go a long way away you utter idiot. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
stoat of the dead, you'd better take care, it looks from his previous posts as though Benzknees goes on Freshtracks holidays. Shocked
ski holidays
Pedantica, He wouldn't be the only muppet I had met on one. The worst ever was last year. Anyway - i hope any business he has fails too. Smile

One stolen joke for you before I disappear again.

Q: Who led the Pedants Revolt?

A: Which Tyler...

Time to go
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoat of the dead, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for that!
ski holidays
stoat of the dead, Well that put me in my place. I'm so, so sorry if you found it puerile, but the shop name joke just had to be made. Please can I humbly beg your forgiveness.

For the record I didn't intend any criticism of Jon. But as most small businesses fail within the first few years even in good times, I fear it does no favours to encourage him to open in the midst of a recession.
snow report
Benzknees, It didn't need to be made. And nothing about the way you wrote it ( not even a Wink ) suggests it is anything more than a snide nasty smug remark. And your sarcastic subsequent post confirms that. Jon has been running a business for some years btw and we need people like him. Not people like you.
snow report
Benzknees, Cock Evil or Very Mad

spyderjon, I've only just found this thread, wishing you every success. Very Happy
latest report
stoat of the dead, Well said!
latest report
stoat of the dead wrote:
Pedantica, He wouldn't be the only muppet I had met on one. The worst ever was last year. Anyway - i hope any business he has fails too. Smile

One stolen joke for you before I disappear again.

Q: Who led the Pedants Revolt?

A: Which Tyler...

Time to go

Laughing

Agree with you about Jon. He not only sells stuff, he gives loads of useful free advice here, too. More than that, his customer support was totally brilliant when I got going live with his kit - handling text and PM questions with kind patience. He is also a bloke who radiates common sense - so I have every expectation this latest business venture will succeed.

PS hope you don't disappear again too long.
snow conditions
OK, I need to get into the mindset that Nottingham is not too far for me to drive to get my skis serviced! Toofy Grin An associated coffee morning would be an excellent incentive.
ski holidays
spyderjon How did I miss this first time round? Good luck with the new venture, I'm sure it will be a roaring success!

Pedantica, Pity, I think that Nottingham is a bit to far for Michelle and I to come for "coffee" wink
latest report
homphomp, not even to see Maggi? For 'coffee'.
snow report
spyderjon, well done mate, will look forward to coming over to top up my supplies at the new gaff Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
snow report
I somehow missed this too!! spyderjon, best of luck with the new office location and I hope it proves to be an inspired move.
ski holidays
Stoat Arisen From the Dead. Well said!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy