Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heather Mills buys £1.4 million alpine apartment to use as training base

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
To help her prepare for the 2014 Winter Paralympics, Heather Mills has bought a £1.4 million luxury apartment in the Austrian Alps. She is planning to use the mountain retreat as a training base in her mission to get a place in Britain’s ­Paralympic team.
...Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/05/01/heather-mills-splashes-out-1-4m-on-luxury-ski-home-in-bid-for-paralympics-115875-23098297/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
One of the nearby resorts is Goldek am Millstatter – which has the longest black run, the toughest for skiers, in the Alps.

Hmm, not sure how they can claim this as it's only 8.5km long. Sarenne, Sache etc are all considerably longer.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sideshow_Bob, but Sarenne at least is a blue for most of its length when it reaches the valley floor...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied Goldeck (good ole Daily Mirror can't spell) maybe 8-9 years ago and the run I think they mean would be the one that runs down under the cable car back to the base marked in orange on the map. It looked fairly relentlessly steep but wasn't open. About 1500m vertical for an 8.5 km run... hopefully someone clever will be along in a mo to tell us if that counts as the longest black run. Goldeck was up for sale then for one Euro (yes, another one) but the new owner had to agree to a few million on replacement lifts.

What's more amazing is how she found an apartment in Carinthia for that kind of dosh. Whole chalets go for a few hundred grand there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am I reading this right? Is one of those peaks "Beetal-nock"? Maybe she can change the name of the main peak from Goldek to Gold-digger. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy