Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WhiteNoize Magazine

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

My friend Harri and I have just produced the first issue of an online snowsports magazine based solely on the UK scene.

Please take some time to have a look, we have interviews with James Woods and Ross Woodhall!

http://issuu.com/harrinotharry/docs/whitenoizemag

Thanks,
Ollie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Liveezy, nice....but where´s the racing?

Just joking, looks really good, all the best with it!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Liveezy, snowheads link?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liveezy, looks decent.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wicked, get showcasing the british talent!! Will it be available as a hard copy?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, well this is a snowsports forum and its a snowsports mag so...

heidiky, no hard copies yet. Print quotes are ridiculous. Think 20bob a cover for 10. I don't think we would sell many so its not worth it. Especially when you consider we just did this for the love. We will see what happens though. If its popular and people are willing to pay a small cover then yea. Why not.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Liveezy, yes, but it is expected that you link back to snowheads - you've put links to other sites. i hope it becomes popular for you
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, where? (won't let me read it full screen).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Liveezy wrote:
holidayloverxx, well this is a snowsports forum and its a snowsports mag so...

...it would be courteous to place the link - otherwise you might have be thought to be taking undue advantage.
Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I use Firefox and I use NoScript to disable most scripting sources. The WhiteNoise magazine wants me to allow scripts from six different places. Is that safe? Why does the magazine need so much stuff from all these places?

facebook.com
fbcdn.net
googleadservices.com
google-analytics.com
issuu.com
quantserv.com

Only "issuu.com" seems reasonable as that is where the magazine is hosted.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scotia, below the magazine, under the publication stats.

Published: Apr 28, 2011
Pages: 54
Views: 487
Comments: 0
Bookmarks: 0
Rating:
Sites linking to this publication (4)
57 http://www.whitenoizemag.co.uk/
17 http://static.ak.facebook.com/common/referer_frame...
4 http://www.whitenoizemag.co.uk/index.html
1 http://whitenoizemag.co.uk/v
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scotia,have tried clicking on the pages to enlarge them ? Works for me Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Liveezy, do you copy - I've got a piece on summer skiing in zermatt - used to write for mountain bike mags so have experience...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey guys. Just put issue 2 online, you can find it at this link. http://www.whitenoizemag.co.uk/

valais2, Only just read your offer after being offline for quite a while. If anyone has any contributions for the mag then the best way to let us know is by emailing us at the adress printed in the mag! Cheers! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liveezy, Looks really well produced. The very best of luck to you for this venture. Very Happy
snow conditions
That's ace dude, nice one!

holidayloverxx wrote:
Liveezy, yes, but it is expected that you link back to snowheads - you've put links to other sites.

Oh come on, he's giving out free content, not spamming or trying to sell.
snow report
clarky999, Thanks that means a lot when some people are questioning our motives. Normally i wouldn't bother but it is my birthday so...

Please read the magazine before you make assumptions. It has been put together by two early 20's snow bums for the love of the sport and the desire to share within the community (including Snowheads), whilst providing a platform for other non professional journalists, athletes, photographers etc, to show their work.

We don't have any funding and and the first issue had 1000 views. rolling eyes Please just enjoy it for what it is and remember no one in the industry makes any money.

If you would like to know more about it then get involved. Come find us as one of the many UK snowsports events! Thanks!
latest report
Liveezy, Nice job!! I enjoyed the backcountry piece.
latest report
Liveezy, good on you! It's an excellent read. Have a happy birthday!
snow conditions
Liveezy, Nice stuff, keep it going, the UK needs a publication that is in touch with todays market. Very Happy
snow report
Nice mag Liveezy. Punchy articles, good snaps and a slick user experience. Look forward to the next copy. Have you posted it on the Natives forum?
snow report
Liveezy, really like it... very well put together and have popped a link on facebook and twitter pages for ya! Smile Good luck with it!
ski holidays
p.s. love the DPS shot on page 35! Gorgeous!
latest report
livetoski, Thanks, glad to be able to spread the word. The real thanks must go to the community though, we just pull it all together and put it in one place for you.

wesbates, i'm not really a regular on Natives and don't really want to turn up just to post about it.

MoodyFFS, what is your facebook page so we can follow it. Ours is... http://www.facebook.com/pages/WhiteNoize/223214714362324
snow report
as put on your twitter page im loving the mag especially the gear reviews that feature the women's specific products, as there arnt enough of them (whitelines gear guide being one !!)

out of curiosity how did you manage to demo the gear in order to write the reviews ?
ski holidays
Liveezy, here is my Facebook page and here is a my Twitter page... Smile
ski holidays
snow_badger, Thank you, all the gear reviews are from the industry board test Cool
snow report
can anyone show up at the industry board tests or is the giveaway in the name.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow_badger, Industry only but if you know someone in the industry... Rumour is that it may become a commercial operation though. Keep reading Whitenoize to find out Laughing
latest report
Liveezy wrote:
snow_badger, Industry only but if you know someone in the industry... Rumour is that it may become a commercial operation though. Keep reading Whitenoize to find out Laughing

Ha nice! Cool
snow report
Liveezy, I missed this way back in May. Just read the first issue. Brilliant stuff, off for some breakfast then sitting down to enjoy issue 2. Good work! snowHead
ski holidays
fastandicy, Glad you enjoyed it. Follow us on facebook for updates. Very Happy
snow conditions
Looks good but any chance of a PDF?
latest report
afrothunder88, it is possible to download the magazine as a .pdf. You need to go to the place it is hosted, create an account and then download it.
latest report
Sweet, already had an Issuu account, didn't realise you could download it from there. Cheers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy