Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could ski with anyone...

Poster: A snowHead
Who would it be?

Was just looking at some Mark Shapiro photos... got me thinking it'd be fun skiing with him and talking photography techniques etc. Then i started thinking who else i'd like to ski with and why...

still thinking, but over to you lot anyway!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, Are you only considering people you could actually ski with today ie they're still living Smile , or are you also allowing great skiers of the past?
My choices:
Still living: Franz Klammer
Deceased: Sondre Norheim, Mathias Zdarsky, Hannes Schneider
Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 28-04-11 19:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In no particular order ..........

Lindsey Vonn
Chemmy Alcott
My Dad (he's over 70 and never skied but it would have been great)
Gwen Stefani
Hermann Maier
Glen Plake
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Deceased: Sondre Norheim, Mathias Zdarsky, Hannes Scheider

Alastair Pink, might find yourself having to wait around a bit.

Quote:

Was just looking at some Mark Shapiro photos... got me thinking it'd be fun skiing with him and talking photography techniques

shoogly, skied with him a loooooong time ago. And we did talk photography and you'll be pleased to know the answer was nearly always 1/500 on f8 using Fujichrome.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rachael Q
Frosty the Snowman
Ray Zorro
Megamum
Windymiller
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
McConkey
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
would love to ski with my wife, as that would mean she has taken up skiing again and i could double the amount of ski holidays taken each year.

but on a serious front i would have love to have skied with doug coombs , as i rate him as the greatest skier of my generation
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Miller Madeye-Smiley and we don´t really even have to ski , if he can´t keep up with me, we can do other things wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Me too

Neilski wrote:
but on a serious front i would have love to have skied with doug coombs , as i rate him as the greatest skier of my generation
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr L. Sad

Pathetic but true.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, aww that´s so true though. When my son tore his ACL earlier this year we were literally counting down the days til we could ski together again, and when that day came it was the best day I have had for years, even though it was crappy conditions . How is Mr L btw?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kooky wrote:
Lizzard, aww that´s so true though. When my son tore his ACL earlier this year we were literally counting down the days til we could ski together again, and when that day came it was the best day I have had for years, even though it was crappy conditions . How is Mr L btw?

Yep, how's the patient?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In no particular order:

Anna-Marie Moser-Pröll - the greatest female skier ever with 62 World Cup wins in all disciplines
Hermann Maier - I did ski with him and his Dad years ago when he was a wee sprogg but that doesn't count
Luc Alphand because he seemed to have such fun while skiing - I saw him in Serre Chevalier before he made the big time and he was having a really good time
Franz Klammer - skied with him in the 70s and the 80s - I'd love to ski with him again as he really knows all the best mountain huts!
Pernilla Wiberg again a superb female skier
Anja Paerson- for the same reason

If I had to choose one it would be Moser-Pröll - she was my idol when I was really getting into skiing and taking my exams. She has also put so much back into the system that trained her, unlike so many these days that do little about helping their countries after they retire. With 62 individual World Cup wins she lies 3rd in the overall standings behind Ingemar Stenmark (86 wins) and Ole Einar Bjørndalen (92 in Biathlon and one in Cross-Country).

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 29-04-11 6:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, Lou, the thing bothering him most is a bruised bottom. Can't help thinking the minced spinal equipment ought to be more of a priority, but apparently not. Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, Laughing tell him to elevate it
snow report
Lizzard, how long til he can go home?
snow conditions
Alice Cooper, don't know if he skis though we aren't discussing real life here I suppose Smile

Didier Cuche looks like a good guy to follow down a mountain.

I love watching Resi Stiegler in the slalom too, and I really fancy Tina Maze so there you go Wink
snow report
...I'd always choose to ski with the son of Posiedon and Demeter (who is also half-sister to Persephone) - ie Glaciius, the God of Snow. Handy throughout the year, I would have thought. You could also ski with Ullr, who is often considered to be the God of Snow (festivals at Breckenridge etc) but is simply the God of Skiing.
latest report
when i get to heaven im gonna ski with mcconkey, mmmm an thats not all.
snow report
kooky, he was allowed home on Friday, a mere five days after the op. Shocked Now on the sofa with instructions to walk about as much as possible.
snow conditions
McConkey. Guaranteed to be an awesome day!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 29-04-11 14:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Kaj Zackrisson, he always seems to be the most excited person in any ski film and I'm sure it would be infectious. Plus he's an absolutely ripping skier and to watch him ski first hand would be incredible. Plus we'd probably be skiing somewhere pretty cool, I can't picture him wanting to cruise around on piste for very long. Plus he has awesome hair
ski holidays
Seth Morrison. He must know a few good tales
snow report
I wouldn't want to ski with any of these famous, sh#t hot skiers. They'd lose me within 30 seconds and I'd have to find my own way home, alone Sad .
ski holidays
Scott Schmidt heliskiing in Alaska
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
kooky, he was allowed home on Friday, a mere five days after the op. Shocked Now on the sofa with instructions to walk about as much as possible.

You let him walk about on the Sofa Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
DB, Laughing Laughing
snow report
me and Fanny Schmelar would get along famously Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Doug Coombes. He inspired me towareds the steep, and a days boarding with PJ Walker. Again, a character who inspired me to better things.

Plus all the guys and gals I've skied with over the years and rarely hook up with.
latest report
My ski buddies of course. I choose to ski with them every year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I don't ski, but I'd have a crack at it if Bridget the midget was keen
snow report
Another vote for Doug Coombes (RIP) - seemed to have a great attitude to life and skiing...
snow report
Jack Nicholson.

Not sue how good he is (and he does ski), but I bet the apres is blinding!
snow report
Would quite like a few runs with Pippa, The Duchess of Cambridge's sister.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Would quite like a few runs with Pippa, The Duchess of Cambridge's sister.

Did anyone notice how Harry was eyeing her up on the balcony.
ski holidays
^ Can't blame him. I know what I'd be doing (well, trying to) if I was at that party tonight!
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
Mr L. Sad

Pathetic but true.

Can empathize with that. Would probably most like to ski with Tell (now renamed One Run since the Family Bash), but obviously this would impose limits on the amount skied. Sad So alternatively, any of my snowHeads friends snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

Not sue how good he is (and he does ski), but I bet the apres is blinding!

If we're taking Apres into account then Oliver Reed. snowHead Otherwise it would be Julia Mancuso - definitely worth keeping with !
snow report
johnboy, Awww.........thank you so much Very Happy

I think I'd like to ski with some of the big stars that I grew up watching on Ski Sunday as a teenager in the mid to late 80's - the Klammers and Maiers of the world
ski holidays
my eldest dog before she blew her knee out. Sad

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 30-04-11 9:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy