Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Phases Of A Turn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@robrar yes, I agree. BASI Trainers do a day-job too when they are Teaching the public, and they will use an appropriate form of words. Also, I'm sure they do get more technical than they used to at the earlier levels of training and assessment.
Also, there is a big difference between the role of the Coach and The Trainer/Assessor. My rule of thumb is "Coaching is where the client is attempting to deliver a higher level of athletic performance skills than the provider is capable of" - otherwise, it's Teaching that's actually being provided.
The trainers are trained to be consistent - so there shouldn't be much difference between how one communicates and another for a given course.
All good fun, and I'm glad I'm still training.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum wrote:
I don't know about the BASI manual, but my phases of a turn can be (depending on the slope angle)

Oh s..t I've got to turn
Here we go
OMG the fall-line!!!
Phew!!!!!

The "OMG the fall-line!!!" phase is sometimes known as the "Oh sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t" or "aaaaaaah" phase of the turn. Skiers sometimes verbalize this when they ski as a memory aid.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those Canadians have a
video for everything
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy