Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian Mountain Holidays - Heli Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wondered if anyone here has used these guys or heard much about them?

http://www.canadianmountainholidays.com/

I am looking at going in mid December and wondered if anyone here could let me know if it was worth it, as it is fairly pricey!

Thanks
TG
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CMH are one of the grandaddies of the industry & are all over the place in BC, I've met a number of people that work/have worked for them and they've all been good guys or girls. December can be sketchy for decent snowpack hence most heli and cat ops discount before New Year. All heliskiing is highly dependent on the group you are in i.e. a guide will only ski to the pace and ability of the weakest member. this sometimes leads to frustration if you're left meadowskipping becuse there's a rich but intermediate Texan in your group. Only based on what other people have told me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just come back from a week at Bobbie Burns Lodge and had an epic week with over a metre of new snow in the middle of April and it was still snowing when I left on Sunday. CMH are very good at putting together groups of the same ability and after the first day will move people up or down. IMHO December is too early even if there is a good snowpack as the days are so short and you will be back at the lodge by3 p m. End of March and April are low season and you should get great conditions. It is definitely worth it but beware it could become an addiction. Also look at www.crescentspurheliskiing.com who are a smaller operation with only 2 groups and 2 guides per group and also cheaper.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CMH is a great company to go for your first time. Dec is attractive with the discounted pricing, but you are generally better off to go more mid season even with high season rates. I have an obvious bias here, if you're looking for small groups, easy access and guaranteed skiing/riding everyday of your trip, you may also consider our company, Northern Escape Heli-Skiing, www.neheliski.com.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
John @ NEH, welcome to snowHeads - always nice to see someone from the industry who is not trashing the opposition, but just gently mentioning their company. Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Touchguru Does it have to be heli? Or have you considered snowcat skiing? Same powder experience - but loads cheaper wink Some good prices for December too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the responses and information.

I would be going with a group that goes regularly at this time of year and as a result have an amazing price offered to them for 7 days which would be extremely hard to pass up. (I only received the details of the offer price yesterday which is well below the advertised prices for this time of year)

I just wanted some outside experiences that others may have had with CMH to see if they were a good company.

I appreciate that snow pack and weather may be better later in the season but I unfortunately can't go at any other time besides then.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Which lodge are you going to as have been to most?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It will be Adamants skilegs
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy