Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix, Avoriaz and Samoen Via Ferrata

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

We've a week in Chamonix booked next week, initially for ski touring, but the way things are we're thinking now of doing some via ferrata instead.
The guide book shows some in Avoriaz, Samoen and Cham, but are these routes currently accessible?

Cheers,

Neil.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ish303, the ferrata above Passy near Chamonix is sign posted as open, I haven't done it but went to the bottom last week and it looked fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
l would expect the Samoens one to be open since it starts near the road to Sixt, so is fairly low down - not trying to be clever, but, for a definitive answer, why not email the tourist offices?

There are also the climbing crags around which may be low enough to be clear and warm-ish - the Samoens one is on the opposite side of the road, but near, the VF, and the one in Les Houches (far end of the lake) is in a nice spot.

If you want to be a bit more 'urban' there is one (or more, I'm not certain, but there was loads of activity in February) at the Bastille in Grenoble.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

not trying to be clever, but, for a definitive answer, why not email the tourist offices?

It's a good point, but whenever I've emailed tourist offices or bureau des guides they've taken well over a week to respond and needed to make a decision quick on hiring a car (which we've now done).

Out of interest is there anything worth ski-ing at Cham now? Would like to do a couple of days if poss but now thinking we might just do ther stuff.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

for a definitive answer, why not email the tourist offices?

Or, for an immediate answer, telephone them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samoens open, i did it yesterday...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

If you want to be a bit more 'urban' there is one (or more, I'm not certain, but there was loads of activity in February) at the Bastille in Grenoble.

This ferrata is a popular lunch time excursion in Grenoble. So popular that it now polished to resemble glass. IMHO it is the most difficult one in France. A better urban route is the one in Thones.
http://youtube.com/v/1ZEOhhRT-e0. In the video the two climbers avoid the difficult pitch by using the ladder.

John
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ish303, If you ski the Vallée Blanche now the best way out will be via the Via Ferrata ladders which bring you out by the Montenvers railway. It's quite good fun with ski boots on!

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy