Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interesting ski school offering

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's one ski school willing to exploit new niches created by tech

http://www.squaw.com/rocker-revolution

Thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Errrm how does one float in chalk?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dur, you scribble in chalk obviously!! I'm not sure that the home of sierra cement really does chalk anyway - rare to have sustained dry cold temps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In what way are the inputs you make when skiing a rockered ski different from a standard cambered ski? I took a pair of skis with a very small tip rocker to Japan this season and really couldn't tell any difference (although I was mostly skiing very nice powder, so not sure I'm I was supposed to notice much difference in relatively benign conditions).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, I don't think its rocket science - put a reasonable skier on rockered skis and provided they aren't a one trick pony they'll get it soon enough. Part of me thinks this is a cynical cash-in but part of me applauds it as a willingness to adapt to changing equipment and give the punters a shot at somet guided discovery on something all the locals are on anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, that's kind of what I thought. I don't think it's cynical (even if they have designed the programme to sell as many lesson slots as possible). I'm all in favour of giving clients a bit of extra help and a bit of extra confidence to get more out of their skiing, and if new ski shapes is the hook to hang that on so be it Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a guided demo, of a relatively different ski. (and the "guilded" part also includes what's the best terrain that day for the ski)

I'd say $89/3hr isn't too bad. (a typical demo would have cost $50 anyway)

Apart from that, I also think the whole ski instruction would benefit by seperating core technique from tactics in their marketing of lessons. Today, all ski instrutions focus on a generic "skill", which combines the two. So in a group lesson, you see peeps of varying technique who all claim they can ski this and that type of terrain. Trying to work on their different level of technique can leave some students bored and others baffled (or a combination of bored and baffled at different part of the lesson) Seems to me it would be better to make it a bit more clear what a lesson is suppose to be working on, instead of "how to get down a red piste"...

How to ski powder on rockered skis would fall under tactics. And it may include certain technique a student could easily pick up in the lesson if they don't already have it. (however, if a student doesn't have x or y core technique, they ought not apply so the rest of the class don't end up being bored while a single peep struggle to understand a certain move everyone else can easily perform)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy