Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone got away with 2 pairs of skis in 1 bag? and more exactly with Flybe?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, going to Courchevel 1650 this Sunday 17th April.
Snow conditions less than ideal (!) at this minute and would like to take my old skis as well as my best so I can decide which to use when see just exactly how conditions are when I get there.
Anybody paid carriage for 1 pair and got away with putting 2 in the bag?
personally I don't see why you shouldn't, in my book £35 ought to buy you a lot of extra weight allowance!
any tips to achieve this? - flying Birmingham - Chambery if this helps?
cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't say it's still the case but I got away with this on the same flight 3 years ago - nobody checked the width of the bag - biggest problem with the Flybe plane is length - I know some longer skis (+180) have been refused or left behind if the hold was full - I think it also depends on the number of ski bags taken in total as there is only limited space in the hold
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it's a gamble you ake. i always book one bag and when asked one set of skis say "yes one bag, that's right" (this call may be recorded for training and security purposes Toofy Grin ). then pack two boards, one pair boots, one pair bindings helmet and some other crap (not over 32kg though) and have never had anyone check it at the oversize baggage.

then again i might just be lucky.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Took board and skis in a coffin on sleazyjet this year, no probs, they just weigh it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fine on ej from Manchester
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I always take at least 2 pairs, this year I took 3 pairs and had no problem with Easyjet. I wouldn't worry, they haven't got the time or inclination to check them all.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've taken my bag containing two pairs of skis and one pair of boots on Flybe from Southampton.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fine 2 weeks ago.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like I'll risk it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As above. Worked fine with Aer Lingus this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup, a few times. No problems
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i thought the ski/sports equipment bag was a weight thing? ie 30 kilos max regardless of what you cram in it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've never travelled with less than 2 boards, bindings, boots, clothes etc in a board bag, and never had any trouble. Cant say about the route you describe but the belfast to geneva flybe one in the past caused no diffs.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
loads of times, never ever a problem on Easyjet
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Done it loads, no problems. As long as the bag is within weight limits, they don't care.
snow report
Tried it with Jet2 a few years back and they weighed it, made us pay for 2 pairs of skis..
snow report
Just a word of warning.

FlyBE operate either the Dash 8 or the Embraer 195 on their ski routes. The Dash 8 can only take skis up to 167 I think whereas the other can take any size.

Would check with FlyBE which aircraft it will be if this could result in a problem.
snow conditions
ernie, yep, although I've flown on both planes from Aberdeen to a connecting flight with 176 skis plenty of times with no problems. Tbf there are barely ever any other skis on that flight though, it's probably more of an issue on a busier flight to one of the alpine airports.
snow conditions
Yes- lots of times Ryanair...Dublin to Salzburg.....Checked weight at Salz this year 16.5kgs, then sent me to oversize, so I stuffed a load of gear in alongside to make it up to 20kgs,
snow report
Agree that it's mostly no problem but beware Thomas Cook / Neilson. Mad ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46904
snow report
I had no problem with Neilson/Thomas cook on the 2nd of april from Manchester
snow conditions
With Thomas Cook and KLM and Lufthansa, yes. Woman in front of me last week aswered thew question "How many pairs of skis in this bag" as 2, and was charged. (THomas Cook) I think the correctr answer is always 1 Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy