Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sore shins...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I always seem to suffer from very sore shins while ski-ing - I wonder whether it's my boots, or maybe my stance is too far forward?

Any advice welcome, pls.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
could be one of a number of things

1 boot to big.... buy new boots
2 not tight enough around leg... tighten the clips
3 foot pronating and causing a twisting of your leg in the shaft of the boot..... a footbed will reduce or posisblty stop it all together
4 the shape of the boots forward lean not matching your leg correctly.... change lean angle in some way(heel lifts, cuff adjustment)
5 cuff adjustment not set correctly causing a twisting across the leg... adjust correctly
6 socks made of a course fiber... better socks
7 hairs catching in socks... shave shins
8 sensitive sharp shin bones ... try epitact or ski angles or similar

this list is not everything that could be going on, it could be a combination of more than one of the above or something completely different
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stephen buck, In the past I've had sore shins, to the extent of having a patch (about 6cm x 8cm) of tiny blisters on the front of the shin. I've found it doesn't seem to happen if I don't have the cuff of the boot done up quite as tightly as I initially thought it needed to be. This may not be the reason in your case, but another one to add to the list Madeye-Smiley !

On reflection, I also nowadays tend to think of flexing my ankle rather than pushing my shin against the front of the boot Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use ski angels. But if I put them on the skin as intended I get a very bad rash so I put the between sock and boot which works well for me. They don't slip and stop all pain for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and...
9. Boots waaaaaay too stiff. i.e using "race"-type boots over bumpy terrain,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stephen buck wrote:
I always seem to suffer from very sore shins while ski-ing - I wonder whether it's my boots, or maybe my stance is too far forward?

Any advice welcome, pls.

More often than not it tends to be number 7 on CEM's list. Shave 'am to save 'am.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had the same problem. To treat the cause see cem's list. Boots properly fitted solved my problem. As a cheaper temporary measure, after trying many 'brands' , "sno- angels" were a holiday saver!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stephen buck, could be stance. Not necessarily too far forward (with the hips) but too low, reducing the angle at the ankle and hence increasing pressure on your shin. Ask an instructor - always a good idea. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy