Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poor snow this season...good news for some!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well I think we all know by now that it has been a poor season for snow in Europe.
I've had a few great powder days, I was lucky with my timing, but the title of this thread is not about me (you will be glad to know).

My neighbor works for Televerbier and tells me that they have had an all time record season.
The hotels, chalets etc have had a hard time but lift ticket sales were boosted by the lack of snow elsewhere.
Many of the nearby resorts (and some not so nearby) really suffered as their skiers (particularly day tripping locals and weekenders) came to Verbier instead.

I can report several coach loads of kids (some English school ski trips) arriving at the Le Chable car park every day, bringing their own Swiss instructors from their sn owless resorts. I feel sorry for them having to come a couple of hours each way every day.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, one Sunday in March the car park in Monetier, Serre Chevalier was heaving with coaches, and the pistes were packed. Sunday is usually reasonably quiet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, ....at Crans it has been like a morgue.

The scene two sundays ago - just a dusting but we're enjoying it. Oliver and I are the ONLY people on the long run down from the glacier. Round the second corner there's a film crew - four guys and a skier, who's the object of the filming. Still no other people. We stop above them for a gawp and worry we might be in shot, so quickly drop down and stop about 50m below them. I hear the director shout to the skier in French '...un grand virage...comme ca....' and he sweeps his arm to stop where we are standing. Us...with no-one ANYWHERE else anywhere. As his hand stops he gives a startled jump like a cartoon character - you can see he's thinking 'where the F did they come from?' ... and he graciously says ' can you plees move...we need zat place...'. Wazzocks.

And they were about the only people we saw all day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy