Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

question about Espace Lumière

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As I understand it, this aggregation is composed of Pra Loup and the 3 Val d'Allos areas: La Foux (1800), Le Seignus (1500) & Allos (1400). Are these Val d'Allos areas collectively a single area, with each of these 3 being sectors within the area, or are they completely independent areas merely part of the same aggregation? Merci.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi swampwiz,

La Foux and Pra Loup are lift/piste linked although it's better to think of them as two resorts linked by lifts/pistes rather than as one big area as there are a few lifts needed to get between the two and the two villages are a long way apart.

There isn't any skiing in Allos (1400) other than a very short beginners' slope and a kids area. There is a gondola (takes a few minutes) up to Le Seignus.

Le Seignus isn't lift/piste linked to La Foux/Pra Loup.

There is a free bus that runs between Allos/Le Seignus and La Foux (and back again).

I live in Le Seignus and have run a catered chalet here for the past 8 seasons. A popular question from our guests has been "Can I get the bus to Pra Loup" Answer: "No, you can ski there and back from La Foux. You can't go by road as the road is closed in winter, one of the pistes goes over it. It's an 8 hour round-trip for the taxi if you get stuck the wrong side of the link". Supplementary question from guest "Can I get a bus back from Pra Loup". Answer - sound of head banging on table.

The 6 day Le Seignus lift pass gives one free day at La Foux/Pra Loup. You can also buy a pass that covers the whole area. The adult prices this year were EUR116/148 for the Le Seignus/whole area pass respectively.

If you like bog-standard, fairly easy, motorway cruising skiing then Pra Loup is the one to pick. You won't be able to ski at Le Seignus - getting from Pra Loup to La Foux won't give you enough time to get down to Le Seignus but you probably wouldn't think you were missing a lot as the skiing down here is skewed more towards red/black/near-piste - I don't know much about the backcountry stuff around here. There is still some challenging stuff in Pra Loup between the pistes but there's only one black run over there.

I wouldn't really recommend La Foux - it has neither the interesting skiing that's in Le Seignus or the easy access to quite a few pistes that you get in Pra Loup. That said, from there you can get to Pra Loup and Le Seignus easily.

I'd only recommend Allos as a base if you're borrowing someone's apartment/house for practically nothing and/or don't facny skiing all day/every day as it's a bit of a chore having to get a bus or gondola to get to the lifts before you can start skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank for the info!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy