Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to find the best snow in Japan.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone who has skied Japan tell me what the best off piste resort is. Off for 10 days next Jan, but need to book some accom now. I see that they all get good snow, but most of the terrain looks a bit intermediate.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JJ The Jet Plane, "best" is going to be pretty subjective (the title of the thread refers to the "best snow" which is going to be even more subjective) and depends a lot on what you are after (and to an extent what level of skier you actually are). Are you looking for real back country or more lift served? Do you want a resort feel? Do you want traditional Japanese? You say 10 days, is that 10 days skiing or are you looking to do other things in Japan? (are you over for business) Where are you flying in and out of? Out of curiosity why do you need to book accommodation now?

Japanese skiing is less steep than European, but the snow is much deeper and lighter. Anyway, the two obvious places to consider are Niseko on the northern island of Hokaido and Happo One in Nagano basing yourself possibly in Hakuba.

Also have a look at Niseko Snow Adventures and Black Mountain Lodge.

And Tokachi gets good write ups too for a more committed back country experience.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the response, have to book accom now as my fiancees relatives are coming as well! Looking for real back country and as steep as possible (I know that in Japan, steep is not Alps steep). Will take a look at the places you suggest. Many thanks JJTJP
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want as steep as possible (and there's plenty of Alps steep, just not as long vert all over Japan. Even on Hokkaido!) then you need to look at nagano and niigata prefectures on Honshu.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/prefecturedata.php?prefecture=Nagano

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/prefecturedata.php?prefecture=Niigata
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy