Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Snow Academy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are considering Saalbach for next year and have been before but this will be the first trip with children in the group. We are planning on putting our 4 year old in the beginners class at the Snow Academy and there will also be 2 x 2 year olds that will do a few mornings in the kindergarden, which looks like it is run by the Snow Academy also.

Has anyone used this company before? Any reviews welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I work for Fuerstauer Ski School in for a couple of weeks each season. I don't know many of the Snow Academy guys properly, but the one's I've met all seem pretty cool. Snazzy uniform too. Obviously Fuerstauer are better though wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From the windows of our apartments we overlook the Snow Academy's children's facilities on the nursery slope, which is just the other side of our garden fence. As you can imagine we spend a fair amount of time watching them at play and being taught. It all looks very well organised, with a conveyor belt and a nursery corner for the tots with cartoon characters, etc. The website gives a good impression of the set-up, which is well located.
They and Fuerstauer are probably the two biggest in Saalbach (would you agree clarky?).
We know a UK instructor who works for Snow Academy, and I can give you his e-mail and UK phone number if you want (PM me your e-mail if you do).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

They and Fuerstauer are probably the two biggest in Saalbach (would you agree clarky?)

Yep - you can't really go wrong with either tbh.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My daughter is off the Saalbach this weekend with a school trip, anybody know what the snow conditions are.

Ta!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The temperature in the valley is currently 22 degrees C - about 10 degrees on the mountain, so she'll need her sun protection! As you will see from the live web cams on www.saalbach.com the valley is rapidly turning green. Generally, this season has been great for sun, not so good for snow, and Spring has come early to the Alps. Having said all that, Saalbach has committed itself to staying open until 25th April, and the website does say that the piste conditions in those parts of the skiing area that remain open are good. That is borne out by my conversation a couple of evenings ago with a guy who runs a B&B in Saalbach - he had been skiing that day and said that there was still some good skiing on the Schattberg and Zwolferkogel mountains. No doubt this will be early in the day - it would optimistic to expect to do anything more than sunbathe in the afternoons.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Tatman, very helpful.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Basil, Just to bring you up to date, the following message has today been posted on facebook:
"Due to the warm temperatures, the lifts in Saalbach Hinterglemm will only be operating... until April 10th. The Asitz area in Leogang will be opened until further notice."
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the update Tatman, been advised they are having to bus somewhere, but not sure where though. Daughter will manage OK as she skis well, just hope her mates enjoy their first time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

somewhere, but not sure where though

Most likely Kaprun, where conditions should be OK from below the Kitzsteinhorn glacier upwards. Kaprun is only about half an hour's drive from Saalbach. I'd be surprised if they don't have a good time - possibly even a better time than looking for decent end of season snow in Saalbach, the weather still being warm.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Basil, Ironically, the forecast predicts a new dump of snow for Saalbach on Wednesday, with the freezing level dropping to 1200m. In this instance, not a case of 'better late than never', but bodes well for conditions in Kaprun provided the weather doesn't close in too much for too long.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy