Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountainsun Tignes, Les Melezes in 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Stayed there 4 times and the first 3 were great. Last December was not great tbh but the cause was known, the 2 main men there had both left and at the time not been adequately replaced. Anyone been since about Christmas time? Interested in how things have been since then before I decide on whether to book an early trip or two next winter.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, Some frieds stayed there at the end of January and said it was good.....apart from being a bit cold!.. It was a very cold week
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed there Jan 3rd for 4nights. The new manageress started while we were there. To me she seemed to have the right approach so if she is still there it should be fine but it would be good to hear from people who were there later on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, barshaker reported that the new manager had done well to fix the problems. We did talk about doing the December trip in an apartment this year, but tbh the mountainsun deal is so good because of the transfer I'd be inclined to go back if the problems are solved.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I don't think you could get near their price. Sounds as if things should be ok, a hiccup last time. It will be time to book soon Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Indeed it will - we need a plan!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, holidayloverxx, are there any single rooms and, if not, do you know if the supplements are affordable?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed there for New Year, when things were much as you would have found over Christmas and had booked to return for two weeks at the end of January. After my New Year trip I was hesitant about returning.

I needn't have worried as the end of Jan trip was great and new manager, Ellie, was already stamping her mark on the place and getting it running how it should be. The Jan trip was so good that I went out again last week, for four days.

I am very pleased to report that this was my best ever stay at Melezes (it was my fifth, I think).

The hotel is clean, well run and the new chef, Leon, is cooking fabulous food. Ellie encourages the staff to go skiing/boarding with guests during their free time and we snow boarded with staff everyday, including with Ellie herself, one day.

On Friday 25th the hotel passed its 5 year French authority inspection, something I doubt it would have done, had Ellie and her staff not been there and not worked so hard. Although the season is not yet over, many staff that I spent time with said they enjoyed the team spirit and were looking forward to working there again next year.

I whole heartedly recommend Les Melezes to anyone thinking of a trip to Tignes and I will definitely be going back in January.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bar shaker, That's great to hear, thanks.

Hurtle, I don't think they have any singles. Last years prices http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/pricing.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, You can book any room as a single, the supplements are rather over the top for what you get. There is one room which is is ostensibly a double (type A) but it is tiny, and while it has an en suite shower the loo is in the corridor - I've used it twice but for a few nights I can put up with it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There were only 3 of us in a room for 4 last year (Tarquin, Simon and me), a spare top bunk wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, wow, that is quite some offer... Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could have the bathroom first in the morning as long as don't take too long Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vetski and I are thinking about doing the December trip this year again, although the aprtment option somewhere more central does look attractive - but you are right - the transfers make the ski and snowboard camp deal such good value.
snow conditions
I'm sure if we booked a couple of large apartments and there were enough of us we could get a decent enough deal. Mountainsun worked out about £300 last year for 5 nights HB inc transfer and lift pass but without flight. I don't think you'd be able to beat that.
ski holidays
Colin B, and we arrived on different days -some did 6 days, others did 4 or 5
snow conditions
I've PMd Joanne to see when this years deal will be for sale
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, True, would probably need to book apartments for the week. I suspect you'd also need a great deal more pocket money staying up in Tignes with the temptation of all the bars. A 5 day lift pass alone for the time we were there last year would have been 175€.
snow report
holidayloverxx, I think it was late April/early May last year.
snow report
holidayloverxx, let me know the answer please Smile

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 3-04-11 19:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Colin B, it was the day we went on the EoSB last year
snow report
email from Joanne today - if you aren't on their mailing list then get on it, be ready to book straight away for 2012

"We are running a ski and board camp again this year and this is likely to go on sale (all going well) 3rd May. I’m out in Tignes now finalizing a few things regarding lift passes, etc. so as soon as that’s sorted we’ll be able to finalize the pricing, make a decision on end date and update the website and get it on sale! I think you’re probably already a member of the mailing list, we’ll be sending out a mail when we’re ready to go … we’ll be working on updating the website, etc. next week."
ski holidays
if anyone is interested we are running a summer ski trip to Les Melezes in June
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, roomie? snowHead
ski holidays
Don't think I'm going this year - time for a change & stuff on towards end of the year...
ski holidays
Eeyore, yes indeedy

Tarquin, I think we need to talk, young man!
ski holidays
I'll be going early December as usual, let's hope I don't have another 3 day in GVA sleeping rough again.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, Oh yeah, I wasn't actually going to VT was I rolling eyes Wink
We'll speak week after next Smile
snow conditions
We (OH and I) were talking about this only yesterday. He has a BIG birthday next December and he wants to go somewhere exotic so didn't know whether to go this year as it will be a bit of a rush. Decided that we couldn't miss out!. How long does it take to rinse out your knickers? Laughing
snow report
maggi, mine, about a week , yours probably 30 seconds wink . You know you want to......
ski holidays
Just throwing the cat among the pigeons, I heard a rumour that there may be something more tempting coming along. Can't say any more on pain of, well, pain, at least until the details are finalised...
snow report
nbt, well, whatever it is if it's not available when the Moutainsun deal comes out then I'll be booking with Moutainsun for some certainty
snow report
holidayloverxx, I heard that rumour too. Not sure if it will be 'fully' available by the 3rd - but it will be very tempting and very worth it.
snow report
Schuss in Boots, maybe we'll find out more in VT.
snow report
actually, just a point, the beauty of the mountainsun deal is that you can do a long weekend with transfers included. If there is a pre-xmas bash and it's a full week then I will prefer mountainsun.
ski holidays
I don't want to do a full week in December either. If the snowHead trip details come out first, I will compare them and decide. If the MS one does, I'll book it as it gets always gets booked up within a couple of days. As my son is always saying, "He who snoozes, loses!" Laughing .
snow conditions
"Inside Out" have 3 day trips in October. Weekend and weekday.
latest report
pam w, October means glacier. December means (or has meant in the last 3 years- fingers crossed for this year) all of Tignes and Val too.
snow conditions
maggi, exactly. I have done the opening weekend with MS and while I had fun I wouldn't go back for glacier only
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy