Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planibel Hotel at la Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
We poked our heads in here once to see the TO rep. Is it the vast characterless warehouse that it seems or does it have hidden charms that make it a reasonable place to stay? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe it's "functional". You can't argue with its location, but it looked pretty grim to me.

I can recommend a good private apartment in La Thuile if anyone wants.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at the hotel (not the apartments) for a week about 4 years ago. The rooms were OK, but it was very noisy and you did feel you were being processed rather than welcomed as a guest. The Du Glacier in La Thuile gets my vote for a pleasant welcoming stay.

Mr. Technique - can you PM me the apartment details?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Incoming...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr Technique,

Have also been looking at La Thuile for next year, so interested in apartment if you could pm me.
Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are a few nice hotels in La Thuile village itself which would be infinitely nicer than the Planibel complex. Piccolo San Bernardo, Miramonti and Chalet Eden spring to mind. Don't worry about the walk to and from the lifts, there are heated equipment lockers in the hire shop at the gondola base station.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajpaul, I'd second that for the Du Glacier - quiet friendly hotel and we got a free bottle of genepi when we left from the proprietors! Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for the Du Glacier.

Regarding the Planibel have only stayed in the apartments but have frequently visited the bar in the hotel which is a nice place to relax of an evening, so long as you get a sofa in the conservatory bit away from the "entertainment" rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed in the Planibel last year, in the Monte Rosa apartments. They were very nice apartments, we had 8 of us staying (in 4 apts) and comfortably got everyone around the dining table for dinner every night. Cooking facilities are a little basic (2 ring electric hob, no oven) but its pretty easy to make do.

Ideal location just a minute's walk from the main lifts. The resort was pretty dead but with 8 of us we weren't that bothered.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nicathy, it's usually considered polite to say 'thank you' after someone takes the time to send you a lengthy private message such as the one I sent you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr Technique,

Please could you also pm me the details please. I promise to thank you Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sure, hang on.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr Technique,

Got it thanks, and pm'd you my thanks, so thanks Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bloody cold resort if ever there was one... Skullie
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
northantsred, yep..

I'm pretty sure I stayed in the Planibel a few years ago. It was OK and not too far to walk. It's just large.
snow report
i stayed in the planibel hotel 3-4 years ago and can honestly say we enjoyed it. great location food was good and plenty of it..excellent bfast. bar area was not your normal apre ski area and quiet and was good for a nice relaxing drink before or after dinner. suited us fine as we are not really big into the apre ski but some may find it a little to quiet for them. leisure facility is there to but cant comment as never used it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy