Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vallee Blanche Condition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Argentiere on 9th April and was planning VB with guide on 12th.
From what I can see and what the guide says - not sure it will be worth it. He says experienced skiers only in total control and no snowboards.

Did it and enjoyed it last year but not sure it is worth repeating in these conditions.

Any recent experiences ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PBJ, the crevasses are very open and snow bridges weak. You could have a big dump of snow on the 11th and conditions will be epic BUT even so your guide will want you to follow his tracks closely and stop immediately if he does (hence the total control bit). I know this stuff is standard for glacial skiing but what I'm saying is that it is more important than ever in current conditions.
The VB is not a ski piste and whilst it is something I personally feel every skier should experience you need to accept the risk and make your own judgement (which may include giving it a miss this year).

Stands back and waits to get flamed for being a nay sayer...............

PS I for one plan to go back up this year snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy