Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm wondering if anybody can help me with my ski boot situation. Just before Christmas I bought a pair of Tecnica Dragon Viva 100 Ultrafit boots. I describe myself as about a level 7.5 on Snow and Rock's scale and I like skiing fast and agreessively on groomed runs and trying to perfect my mogul technique. I'm definitely not an expert though and never will be. I bought these boots as boots to progress in and as the next step from my old Rossignol Bandit B1 boots. When I got to the slopes I found the boots really great to ski in, fast and precise and I felt like they lifted my skiing to the next level. The downside though was that they bruised the front of my ankles really badly just above where they join to my foot. No dicsomfort at all elsewhere though or shinbang etc. It felt like there was a hard angle inside the liner that was causing the pain. In the end the pain was so bad that I took the boots back.

I've been back to see the bootfitter today and he suggested that since I liked the boots so much apart from the pain one answer might be to stick to these shells but put in a zipfit liner. I could see the sense in his argument but am obviously worried in case it was something else about the boot that caused the pain and I end up back in the same situation. He asked me if I thought that the flex was too stiff and I said not because I skied so well in the boots but I don't really know what I would have felt had the flex been too stiff and whether this might have been what caused the problem. I know what skiing in a boot that's too soft feels like (I tried Atomic Hawx 80s and they were terrible) but can only say that skiing in these boots definitely improved my performance on the slopes. So can anybody help me by telling me whether they think that the stiff flex could have contributed to the problem or does the fact that I skied in them well mean this was the right level of boot for me but it was something about the liner that caused the problem?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wecome to snowHeads scarah73.

Hopefully someone far better informed than me will turn up shortly.

It might help to say where you bought the boots...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, 3 hours later and no cynical comments about using the search function...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
new boots (unless they are too big) often need some adjustment after your first outing
couple of hours in a fridge doesn't count as an outing

not sure where you got them fitted, but i'm sure they should be able to ease the shell out where it's tight
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy