Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone waiting to do BASI ADC1

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick straw poll, on who is looking to do ADC1 in the near future, If there are enough we could see if BASI will push the new schedule through a bit quicker (well we could ask anyway Smile )

or is it just me?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, 3 at Hemel for sure.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not in term time (university) add one for Skidog
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
so 5 so far , any more takers?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe interested but would probably choose Manchester as the venue of choice, unless there was one running next to an Alpine L1 during school hols for my wife.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
possibly, depending on dates/venues
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
kevindonkleywood, 3 at Hemel for sure.

you should have a crack at one
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, I'm one of the 3. Only for the sake of another badge you understand. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, and a very nice badge it is to Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, good one!! pretty easy course to do but very informative and interesting i have only heard of one fail so you should be safe for another badge NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, If it's Ross Green doing the course I'll be very happy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, little to no chance of Ross i am afraid... probably amanda or Jas Bruce
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Count me in as another keen for Hemel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Touchguru, i take the injuries are healing then Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They are thanks skimottaret.

My physio told me that skiing is about the only sport, besides maybe cycling and swimming (with no kicking), that I can currently do due to being held pretty securely in the ski boot. I still have some muscular pain after each day's skiing but it is a small price to pay for being back on snow.
I am actually just about to start the 2nd week of the Level 2 in Courchevel tomorrow so I am hoping that everything holds together to complete that! Smile
snow conditions
Touchguru, Good luck with the L2
ski holidays
Touchguru, good luck !!!
ski holidays
Thankskevindonkleywood and skimottaret

I am now officially a BASI Level 2 instructor (subject to getting the paperwork from BASI of course Smile )

kevindonkleywood, please keep me as a definite, date dependent, for an ADC1 at Hemel
snow report
Touchguru, Congratulations. Very Happy
snow report
Touchguru, Cool
snow conditions
Touchguru, well done! Very Happy
snow report
Touchguru, Well done, how was ithe course?
ski holidays
well done touchguru
I was around your first week doing some L3 training with snoworks - hope you enjoyed your trainer wink

Did young Charlotte pass?
ski holidays
Touchguru, Well done - good work..
snow report
Touchguru, congrats! Who was the trainer?
snow report
Touchguru, Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
snow report
Touchguru, nice one, although I never had a doubt Happy
snow report
Touchguru, Well done, good result.

PSG
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the congrats everyone Very Happy

Our trainer was Les Ward. I really enjoyed his training style and he certainly has a good eye for technical detail.

The course was really good, notwithstanding the slushy conditions towards the middle/end of the day which no-one could do anything about.

pfairbrother, nervous as Charlotte was(!!), she did pass Smile
latest report
Hey - congratulations Touchguru! Very Happy Very Happy Excellent news, especially with your injury this year
ski holidays
Touchguru, top man Les - he was trainer support on my L2
snow report
Thanks cathy Smile - In the middle of January I really thought my season was over!! Glad that I was wrong about that !!

Agreed that Les is a top bloke! And his demonstrations are just AWESOME. Probably the best you would have seen on the mountain on any given day..... Wink

To get back onto the thread topic - I have just booked for ADC Level 1 at Hemel from 29th August - 2nd September.
latest report
Chaps; Is this ADC1; Alpine Development Coach level 1; Or Adaptive level 1 ?
latest report
Touchguru wrote:
Agreed that Les is a top bloke! And his demonstrations are just AWESOME. Probably the best you would have seen on the mountain on any given day..... Wink

PMSL! Glad he used that line with your group as well (he did my L3 Teach). Was anyone brave enough to tell him that he stepped in his plough parallels?

scooby_simon, ADC = Coach.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Touchguru wrote:

PMSL! Glad he used that line with your group as well (he did my L3 Teach). Was anyone brave enough to tell him that he stepped in his plough parallels?

Thanks Rob I assumed that was what we were talking about; Just PM'd Touchguru and he's booked the Adaptive Level 1! Mucho confused.....well I was.... Happy
snow conditions
scooby_simon wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Touchguru wrote:

Thanks Rob I assumed that was what we were talking about; Just PM'd Touchguru and he's booked the Adaptive Level 1! Mucho confused.....well I was.... Happy

Yip ! Sorry about that!! I have booked Adaptive at the end of August which I am doing as my 2nd discipline, so I am still keen on doing the Alpine Development Coach Level 1 at Hemel.

No-one told him that rob@rar but we did use his line MANY times when we did our own demos!! Smile
ski holidays
Touchguru wrote:
No-one told him that rob@rar
None of us were brave enough either wink
ski holidays
Hi All, been in touch with BASI and we are looking at setting up an ADC 1 at Hemel. Issues are around finding a trainer to deliver the course!! Will report back as soon as we can secure a trainer.

PSG
latest report
gilleski wrote:
Hi All, been in touch with BASI and we are looking at setting up an ADC 1 at Hemel. Issues are around finding a trainer to deliver the course!! Will report back as soon as we can secure a trainer.

PSG

Top news. Count me & Kitty in please.
latest report
As you know Pete; 5 or so from Welwyn. Happy

Might need to run 2 courses at this rate!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy