Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mounting Dynafits to Scott Crusairs - opinions sought

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of shiny new Scott Crusairs waiting upstairs for a good drilling & a pair of Dynafit TLT Vertical FT's on their way to Moffat from the Pyrenees. They are destined to meet in the near future but I just hoped someone would have an opinion on mounting position.

Naturally, being tourers, they'll have to spend most of their time going uphill anyway but for the good bit, I'd be expecting a mixture of sastrugied and windpacked, neve, spring snow, heavy and dense powder and occasionally, light and fluffy stuff.

As this is an expensive setup I really wanted to get it right so decided to consider the binding position on the ski and then really wished I hadn't ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=11075&highlight=binding+mounting+position#11075

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=13503&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=campbell+dynamic+balancer&start=0

... but the question is still nagging at me ... should I just get them mounted centre ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moffatross, just mount them on the standard line - which, btw, is not 'centre'. A centre mount is further forward for park use.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know but there might be some words of wisdom somewhere on here
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, just park use...? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
moffatross, No idea on binding position but can reassure you that Crusair + Dynafit is a very nice setup for both up and down. Back on mine this weekend....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
moffatross, just mount them on the standard line - which, btw, is not 'centre'. A centre mount is further forward for park use.

Thanks spyderjon, I should have made it clear that I meant centre to the standard mounting mark. Reassuring that you suggest just banging 'em in the middle of that mark too. Smile

sweaman2 wrote:
I don't know but there might be some words of wisdom somewhere on here

It's the words of wisdom that have made me unsure. Laughing Those 'power plates' on the link (which are on their way to Moffat too) were released by Dynafit to fix a known issue of metal fatigue at a weak point made by weight weenying the FT model from the previous ST version.

BobinCH, thanks. It was partly reading your experiences with them that made me go for this combo. Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy