Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski storage. Any top tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Just about to store my skis away until next season Sad Any top tips out there on best practice?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ibex, Seasons not finished!

Best bet is to get a few days of Scotish snow on them before putting them to bed if you cant get further afield.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably not at all orthodox, but I keep my skis - sans storage wax - standing up at the back of a warm, dry wardrobe. They seem to like that treatment a lot more than being kept in a ski bag in the cellar, which is what I used to do.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood, I'm afraid for me it is. I've had my allotted two weeks Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, Why no wax?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ibex, can't be ar$ed. They don't rust or appear to come to any ill effect. But, as I say - not very orthodox and someone will probably be along to say why it's a bad idea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Keep them somewhere dry - worst thing is to leave them in the ski bag in a damp garage, particularly if they were wet when put in the bag. Edges will rust/pit badly in a damp environment.

Ideally slap on some hot wax and store them somewhere safe and dry. Mine live under the bed.

Another good tip to prevent edge rusting is to give them a quick coating of Zardos Not-Wax. Particularly if not using storage wax.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keep them somewhere dry - worst thing is to leave them in the ski bag in a damp garage, particularly if they were wet when put in the bag. Edges will rust/pit badly in a damp environment.

Ideally slap on some hot wax and store them somewhere safe and dry. Mine live under the bed.

Another good tip to prevent edge rusting is to give them a quick coating of Zardos Not-Wax. Particularly if not using storage wax.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ibex/Damien, Top of each page, there is a dropdown menu for the 'Forum Search' facility.
Putting ski storage in gave these results.
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1493251&highlight=storage#1493251

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52035&highlight=storage

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1104746&highlight=storage#1104746

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=909413&highlight=storage#909413

Happy reading.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, Ta Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The only really important thing is to keep the skis out of any bags where moisture might be present and in a dry environment, Oh and not with the bases tight together
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My bases have a few chunks out of tehm after recent and previosu trip - shoudl i get them serviced now or next winter ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
uktrailmonster, Under the bed? they are better kept in bed warm and snug Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kevindonkleywood, edges kept scraping my back bottom too much Smile
latest report
kevindonkleywood, What din setting do you use in bed? Laughing
snow report
Ibex, A very, very low one... wink
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, My reply wasn't going to be as subtle as yours. Good one. Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
As long as they are dry and you store them somewhere dry they will be fine.

Something that works jumping cliffs, smashing through moguls, carving a piste at high speed and in v cold conditions will be okay under your bed for a few months.
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Ibex, A very, very low one... wink
That could result in a pre-release
ski holidays
uktrailmonster wrote:
kevindonkleywood, edges kept scraping my back bottom too much Smile

One should never spoon or be spooned by a ski......straight or curved(shaped)...
snow report
quadwould, what even a big fat one with a bit of rocker Very Happy
ski holidays
kevindonkleywood, As you and your skis have reached this point in your relationship, maybe you should go ahead and take the next step. You'd be in good company
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/16/the-weirdest-cases-of-peo_n_540554.html#s81639&title=A_Roller_Coaster Very Happy
snow report
Ibex, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Ibex,
Quote:
She's riden it over 3000 times
It'll all go downhill after the wedding... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Vicks nasal gel