Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski length???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm buying my first set of skis hopefully later on tonyt, but am unsure as to what size to buy?! Before I went skiing last week I had my heart set on some Salomon Shoguns, and there now in the sale at £269.99, it would be rude not to have a pair at that price!

So hear goes, bit about me:

Intermediate to advanced skier, 24yrs old, roughly 14stone, 178cm tall, usually ski on twin tips but more park ski based so 169cm ish. I go on 2 ski trips a year now, one with the missus and one with the boys so was looking for a ski which would suit both (Mainly groomed runs with the gf and off piste with the lads). The shogun seems to fit the bill well, but I don't know wether I should go for the 173cm or the 182cm??!! Everyone says to go bigger you won't regret it but does it really make that much of a difference?? will I regret getting the 173cm ones?? (only 1s in stock at the minute!).

Cheers in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski_Friends wrote:
I'm buying my first set of skis hopefully later on tonyt,

not answering your question, but er whats tonyt?

Shogun has slight rocker? so go longer rather than shorter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carroz, tonyt must be txt spk for tonight!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good shout, had forgotten about the rocker!! Cheers.

Tonyt iz text speak 4 tonight innit!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I've got the shoguns in 182 and I'm similar height and weigh about 12.5 stone. I was in two minds as to the length to get but opted for 182 and really glad I did. I find them easily manoeuvreable and make life a lot easier off piste. Strongly recommend going for the 182's.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy