Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings Q

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I have some Prophet 100s with Marker m11 demo bindings on them used for lift served off piste and am looking to put some proper bindings on them. My dins set to 7 and won't get cranked up much beyond this. I have always been led to believe that your DIN should be roughly in the middle of the binding range though not sure how true this is.

My initial thought was to go with Marker Griffons - are these likely to match the holes on the demo binding? If so i will probably go with these. Other contenders are Salomon STH 12 with a driver toe and a tyrolia Peak 15 which can all be had for roughly the same money. I am not a binding wrecker and a decent amount of adjustability would be a bonus. Which should i go for? Any other suggestions welcome.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
slowphil wrote:
I have always been led to believe that your DIN should be roughly in the middle of the binding range though not sure how true this is.

Rule of thumb, not so true of modern bindings but it's nice to have a little difference either way.

STH12 suck, don't bother with it. Peak 15 is a great binding. No experience of the Griffon.

Anything other than the demo Markers should be right. If you are skiing a 7 you could also consider the Squire, STH14 or Look / Rossi P14
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Parlor, looking at these bindings the toe slides so i guess the hole patterns are wrong anyway. Think i will go for the peak as the DIN range is better.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slowphil, yeah, forgot to answer that part. I don't think the Griffon fits any previous Marker holes, but I could be wrong.

At the time of re-mounting you might consider some Binding Freedom Inserts or Quiver Killers - read through this section of the board for more info.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy