Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy blue runs in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Tignes this weekend and we have heard that some blue runs or green runs in Tignes and Val can actually be very hard (they would have been red in other countries). Red runs are fine for me but my girlfriend has only have 1 week of ski lessons last year (just manage to go on easy blue run in Romania) so she can only do confident snowplough. Could anyone give us recommendations regarding to the following questions please?
1. Blue pistes in Tignes that my girlfriend should avoid? (ie too steep or narrow piste with a cliff on one side)
2. Easy blue pistes for confidence boosting in Tignes?
3. As I mentioned, my girlfriend can only do snowplough, will it be too hard for her to cross over to Val ? Any runs to avoid in Val?

Cheers,
Kitjawatt
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitjawatt, There are some beautiful green runs in Val d'Isere around the Ski Tranquille area, easily accessible by lift from Tignes Val Claret. Not so sure about getting back though....

Verte in Val di'isere not recommended - if she wants to go down to the villiage use the Gondola
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitjawatt wrote:
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Tignes this weekend and we have heard that some blue runs or green runs in Tignes and Val can actually be very hard (they would have been red in other countries). Red runs are fine for me but my girlfriend has only have 1 week of ski lessons last year (just manage to go on easy blue run in Romania) so she can only do confident snowplough. Could anyone give us recommendations regarding to the following questions please?
1. Blue pistes in Tignes that my girlfriend should avoid? (ie too steep or narrow piste with a cliff on one side)
3. As I mentioned, my girlfriend can only do snowplough, will it be too hard for her to cross over to Val ? Any runs to avoid in Val?

Cheers,
Kitjawatt
As Espace Killy is such a large area, and Tignes has so many separate villages, it would help if you told us which part of Tignes you were based in.

A lot of suitable runs would be dependent on access. Most of the easiest runs are higher up the mountain but you have to reach them first.

Might be a daft question, but is she confident getting on/off a chair/drag lift?

I'm sure you'll get the advice you need and have a great time in Tignes. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
kitjawatt, There are some beautiful green runs in Val d'Isere around the Ski Tranquille area, easily accessible by lift from Tignes Val Claret. Not so sure about getting back though....

Verte in Val di'isere not recommended - if she wants to go down to the villiage use the Gondola

Thank you holidayloverxx! I'll check out the green runs in Val.
I just check the piste map, so the green run called "col de fresse" is easy enough right?
I think in order to go back to Tignes, my girlfriend has to go on verte and take the ski lift Tommeuses back to Tignes. From Toriere peak, I can take the gondola 'Aeroski' down to le lac. Is this possible?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JimG2009 wrote:
kitjawatt wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Kitjawatt
As Espace Killy is such a large area, and Tignes has so many separate villages, it would help if you told us which part of Tignes you were based in.

A lot of suitable runs would be dependent on access. Most of the easiest runs are higher up the mountain but you have to reach them first.

Might be a daft question, but is she confident getting on/off a chair/drag lift?

I'm sure you'll get the advice you need and have a great time in Tignes. Very Happy

Thank you JimG2009!! We will stay in an apartment in Round point de piste building, Val Claret (next to Bollin chairlift). I am glad to hear that easiest runs are higher up. Could you let me know what they are please? Yes, she can use chair and drag lifts. She is still scared of using chair lift though but I guess she will get used to it soon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitjawatt,
A lot of runs the difficulty depends on what the snow is like on them and how many other people are on them, this can differ greatly through the day. If your girlfriend is very nervous getting lessons very early and asking her instructor for advice as to the best places at different times would be my suggestion.
Failing that the ski tranquille areas above val disere have gentle slopes that retain their snow well. You can access the Bellevarde ski tranquille area from Bollin and the Fresse chair.

http://www.skimap.org/data/790/1/1288419326.pdf

When coming back I would head for Toviere and down load rather than trying to ski back to Tignes, end of the day skiing to resort level is often the most difficult and crowded time to ski.

Edit: Oops you said most of it in your last but one post.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitjawatt wrote:
JimG2009 wrote:
kitjawatt wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Kitjawatt

Thank you JimG2009!! We will stay in an apartment in Round point de piste building, Val Claret (next to Bollin chairlift). I am glad to hear that easiest runs are higher up. Could you let me know what they are please? Yes, she can use chair and drag lifts. She is still scared of using chair lift though but I guess she will get used to it soon.
kitjawatt,

Then you're in the best spot. From memory, beside Bollin is the Fresse chair lift (make sure you get on the right one!) which will take you high enough to access the green runs at the top of Val, skiing down to Marmottes chair lift.

For your return you need to take the Borsat Express and ski the blue runs back to Val Claret. The runs are Grand Pre, Genepy, Mont Blanc, Verte (top bit only!), Col de Fresse.

Between Mamottes, Grand Pre and Borsat Express lifts should be your playground.

If you girlfriend is not confident you should memorise this section of the piste map.

Good luck!

http://www.tignes.co.uk/pistemap.htm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitjawatt, There are plenty of steady blues in Tignes around where you are staying, and also agree with all of the above. Its best to avoid main rat-runs ie Face and Toviere down at peak times. My suggestion would be to get as high as quickly as you can and stay high, coming down at end of day on quietish runs or on lifts. Avoid the blues down into Val D'Isere at peak times they are like M25, not great when learning but fine at non-peak times.

You'll be fine, take it steady, keep to the edge of the piste, keep moving about the area gaining confidence as you go and above all have fun. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get the funicular up to the top and ski Rosolin.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can't remember which ones are and aren't but there are quite a few very gentle lifts, mainly the 6 seater chairs that one steps onto a sort of moving carpet so that your velocity matches that of the chair as it comes round. I am sure someone here can come up with a list of these. The Bollin / Fresse chair actually isn't but the way it is engineered it's very easy anyway. Clearly the exits don't have this but they don't tend to be very brutal on these newer larger lifts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you so much guys. I'll follow your suggestions and have a blast in Tignes. Can't wait for it now: )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Appreciate you may have already gone.. (jealousy) but we found a lovely little run at the top of the bollin (which is a free lift) You go left in a circle and there is an area marked quiet zone. This has a very sweet run which was empty (always confidence building) and joined back to the main run. We found it by following esf snakes.
maria
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For blue run confidence building in Tignes the Grattalu blue, is very hard to beat. It's a long, straight, nice super wide piste, with a nice fairly consistent gradient all the way down, served by a fast detachable chair. Early intermediates can do wonders for confidence lapping this run for a morning.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gazzza, +1 for that. I was trying to think of it but failed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy