Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just arrived back from les arc, march 12 - 19 staying at the auguille rouge hotel in arc 2000. we were unfortunate enough to be in les arc during probably the worst week of weather this season, flat light, low clowds, high winds and the occassional sunny interval. i think les arcs in in substantial need of investment, with some very long slow chairlifts and an inadequate amount of snow making, somebody told me it was to warm for the snowmaking to work on the lower runs around vallandry at 1600 metres which is why some of the runs were closed, but the run down to villaroger at 1200 metres was kept open all week. the variety of runs was good, especially when you could see where you going, i had great fun skiing in the trees on the right hand side of the bellette run and became very friendly with a certain tree, and the green course in the snow park provided a few hours of entertainment. the highlight of the week was the auguille rouge cable car rising through the clouds to reveal a fantastic view of mount blanc above a blanket of clouds. the auguille rouge hotel was fine, tiny rooms and you need to be a contortionist to use the shower or bath, the buffet style dinner worked well when you could get a table, but you can eat as much as you like, also the hotel lift system needs a lot of working out if you are outside the hotel, a lot of lifts claim to take you up to the hotel but can dump you anywhere in arc 2000. the best lunch we had was at the bar mont blanc in vallandry, good service and large portions, and the worst was at the bluebird snack bar in 1800 i think, well it was definately blue something, facing the infant park, a teeny tiny portion of soggy chips served in a plastic punnett. so mixed feelings about les arc, but the weather didnt really help. we went with crystal holidays and had no problems in resort. if you have a choice avoid chambery airport at all costs, it is not designed for holiday traffic and is hopelessly inadequate, 10 flights arriving from uk in a very short time and only 2 baggage reclaim belts, you could end up with a very long wait for your baggage, and then boarding your transfer coach to very disgruntled passengers who have been sat on the coach already for an hour or two, with departures and arrivals all in the same area it can get quite claustrophobic, all in all a diabolical airport.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
compostcorner wrote:
somebody told me it was to warm for the snowmaking to work on the lower runs around vallandry at 1600 metres which is why some of the runs were closed, but the run down to villaroger at 1200 metres was kept open all week.
The runs down to Villaroger are close to north facing. The runs to Vallandry are close to south facing. That alone will make a big difference to the snowline.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I must have been in a different Les Arcs! There was one day of flat light and one day of wind but I wore my sunnies most days and I was impressed with how well the snow held up.

+1 for the Mont Blanc for good value, but best food on the mountain was at Luigis in 1950 (bit pricey but well worth it).

Coaching was pretty good too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
compostcorner, You're certanly not wrong on the conditions, locals are saying this year, so far, is the worst for many years... at leat 15.

I have to say that knowledge of the resort, or finding people with that knowedge (as snowcrazy and others have done for me in the past) will massivly influence your enjoyment....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy