Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bregenzerwald-Damuls and Mellau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did a search and there's not too much about these places, is that because they're rubbish or because they're somewhat off the beaten track? I am thinking about the area for next year as we did a big resort trip to Verbier this year and I'd like to try Austria this time. I'm pretty sure we're going to Westendorf for the first week and was looking for somewhere that was reasonably priced, gets plenty of snow and would be good for the family. I board and my wife ski's well, we like fun fast pistes and some off piste but it doesn't have to be super steep and gnarly, fresh snow and a new experience are important as well as decent self catering apartment. This area seems to fit the requirements but I'm struggling to find out much about them.
Has anyone been? Can you tell me about the places and what your experiences were? What type of accommodation did you use and can anyone recommend a 2-3 bed apartment or house for rent?
A lot to ask, but all help appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread from Feb may help. No TR posted yet.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73225&highlight=austria

"This years new resort visit is....

Damuels in Vorarlberg (closer to switzerland).
http://www.damuels.at/?_lang=en
Really only reachable from Friedrickshafen or Memmingen. I've arranged a taxis with the hotel for the transfer. Billed as 'the snowiest village on earth' should be interesting. looks like a reasonably well connected ares, decent heigh, and one assumes fairly snow sure. Unlikrly to hear many english voices i sispect.

We've booked into the alpen hotel mittagestpitz, looks pretty good, and good price. http://www.alpenhotel-mittagspitze.at/en"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rggdxb, Friend of mine went and thought it great, not much English spoken if it is important to you though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the english isn't important really, only for the ski school, which I assume will be ok, the wife speaks German fluently so we'll be fine on that count. I looked at the above links and give the number of mentions of other resorts in Austria I was suprised at the lack of mentions of places that got so much snow and seemed resonably priced.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was going to spend the winter in that area. Tremendous variety.

Normally loads of snow, not this winter though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy