Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation needed for weekend of April 2-3 near Geneva - intermediate level

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am new to the forum. Thanks for all the excellent information. I really enjoy reading all the excellent reports.
I booked a flight ages ago to Geneva for my last ski weekend of the season (1-3 April). At the time it seemed to be a sure bet (in Dec when all of Europe was snowed under)
We were going to go to Chamonix, but it seems that there really is no snow there (and the forecast looks bleak).
Any suggestions where to go for a good weekend of intermediate skiing (blues and reds) and relatively close to Geneva Airport? As its a short ski weekend, I don't want to waste a long time travelling to and from the resort.
Should I just cut my losses and cancel?

Thanks for the advice!!!
Crunchie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crunchie, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
Avoriaz maybe? It's pretty high and not far from Geneva.
Others will be along with more advice, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere with enough good possibilities for a weekend. It would be too sad to cancel your last trip of the season! (Mine's not until the very end of April, and I'm not cancelling it. wink)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crunchie, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead

It's not true that there's no snow in Chamonix. Though it's certainly not a good year for snow around here. We are not far from there (in Les Saisies) and this picture was taken this morning - I am standing around 1800m taking that photo. If you ask on the Chamonix snow report thread you'll get some good reports on what's happening in Chamonix.

Have you booked accommodation yet? Can be difficult just for a weekend, and easier in Chamonix than most of the alternatives, which include Avoriaz, as Hurtle suggests, but also Flaine and Les Contamines.

Don't give up!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
crunchie, Verbier...............train to Martigny and bus up to Verbier. Book train via SBB website, c £50 return.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I haven't booked accommodation as I would like to go somewhere where I am sure to have snow.
The plan was Cham due to the availability of per-night accommodation, but Verbier looks good for high altitude skiing.
Not sure what to do Sad
If there was a big storm forecast soon it would make the decision easier...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
crunchie, we aren't going until 9 April (les Arcs) - wouldn't dream of cancelling. You'll find snow somewhere, late spring conditions but snow nevertheless. You have flexibility to wait and see nearer the time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy