Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length advice from pixies, please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My friend is 5'1". She and hubby bought an apartment like ours after coming out for several holidays, so she skis quite a few weeks a year. She's not fast, but has good and solid technique. Exclusively on-piste. She's been using Wedze short skis but has been persuaded to get some "proper" skis and is looking in the sales. We're off to Albertville this afternoon to see what Decathlon and the Vieux Campeur have to offer. Snow and Rock outlet also has some good possibilities.

She's short, but not particularly light - between 9 and 10 stone. She was looking at skis around 140cm. Is that about right? I don't have any skis that short for her to try, my shortest are 156cm.

Snow and Rock outlet have quite a lot on offer but getting those means she won't be able to use them this year, which would be a shame as they're out here till 27 March.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, A bit short I would have thought. I got my daughter 144's when she was 12 and about that height but significantly lighter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, my statistics are not dissimilar, perhaps a smidgeon taller and lighter, but I ski on 152s. 149 is as short as I've gone, 140 sounds a bit short to me (not that I'm qualified in such matters.)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks - will pass that on. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, 150-153 depending on the ski, I am skiing on a 156 but it's a twin-tip. 140 is definitely too short I think. Easiski might have suggested something as short as a 146 in a purely on-piste carving ski.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, I am about 5 foot and a very important half inch - about 8 and a half stone and I my skis are 146 and are just perfect for me. Rossignol Attraction V which I bought here about 4 or 5 years ago. I am very happy with that length but would not go any shorter.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
very grateful to all the pixies - we are about to go down to Albertville and with your advice I now feel confident to persuade her against 140cm!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pixies of the world unite! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle, Laughing Laughing .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
Pixies of the world unite! Toofy Grin

As they say, 'Good things come in small packages' Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, I still don't own any skis, so would be interested to hear what she gets. I'd like to think I will be skiing more in the not too distant future and it then might be worth having my own skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy