Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Exchange, Cambridgeshire- highly recommended

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm sure there are hundreds of topics recommending different shops or people etc, but this shop gave us such good service that I think it is worth adding to the lot!

Ski Exhange is in a small village just outside Cambridge and looks a bit like a factory from the outside, but inside it is a very nice shop selling top of the range ski equipment at a decent price.

I went to get some boots fitted after deciding that I go skiing enough to not have to deal with rentals anymore! The guy- Simon, was brilliant, he explained the process which included heating the inner part of the boot at the end to mould it to the foot and stretch it if required. He then went on to measure my feet in a sitting and standing position and came down with some boots for me to try. He was able to identify the problems I've had with rentals straight away and knew exactly what type of boot he was looking for to fit my feet. He also insisted I walk around and wear the boots for at least ten minutes to get a feel for them, and gave me a cup of tea whilst I waited! I tried on three different pairs of boots, and once all problems were sorted, he moulded them for me and let me walk around to fit them. He also recommended after care and wearing them in before I go skiing again.

The shop offers a comfort guaruntee so all refitting is free of charge in the future if there are any problems. The initial fitting is also free of charge.

All in all the process took about two hours and the service was superb. They were attentive and the information and advice they gave was spot on, and I now have a brilliant pair of ski boots that fit my feet. I highly recommend the place, look them up http://www.skiexchange.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
** opens popcorn **
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Patch, quite.

[Completely off-topic, but do you find the name of your location difficult to pronounce? I speak OK French, but find it really difficult to get my tongue round. I don't mean the '3 valleys' bit, btw wink]
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alison_ct, welcome to snowHeads and the place sounds interesting - might visit the next time I need something ski-related (been disappointed with my local place of late). Two hours sounds about right for a proper fitting. When are you going to be trying the boots out?

[Hurtle, Vee'ar-lure'an, shirley?]
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking for a deal at easter time, any tips of the best places to go then? Do you know where to go for the best deals?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TallTone, [Not sure. One would normally pronounce the first two 'l's - as in the resort Villars - and indeed the third one, but it's that third 'l' which is difficult, negotiating the 'arl' corner. It would be easier to pronounce if it were written Villar-Lurin. Cripes, sorry about this...this is not only off-topic, but also complete crap. Embarassed]
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought that a good boot fitter would also make custom footbeds for you as part of the fitting process. Or is that only for those of us with problematic biomechanics?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alison_ct, ref Easter, click the EoSB link below TallTones signature, or simply head high !!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle, TallTone, The double LLs are pronounced, so it is VEE-LAR-LURE-AHN

The liaison between the second and third syllables is a little tricky; doesn't really "flow"
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alison_ct,
Quote:
he explained the process which included heating the inner part of the boot at the end to mould it to the foot and stretch it if required. He then went on to measure my feet in a sitting and standing position and came down with some boots for me to try.
Bit puzzled as most of the custom fit boots are boot heated to fit rather than inners apart from zipfits?
Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jivebaby wrote:
alison_ct,
Quote:
he explained the process which included heating the inner part of the boot at the end to mould it to the foot and stretch it if required. He then went on to measure my feet in a sitting and standing position and came down with some boots for me to try.
Bit puzzled as most of the custom fit boots are boot heated to fit rather than inners apart from zipfits?
Puzzled

The only one which is suggested that the shell is heated is the salmon CS (custom shell) models, however boot fitter have been heating shell for years, is it a requirement of most boots no, can it help with the fitting sure it can if there are problem areas or just for general moulding

Footbeds for the person that was asking earlier..... I would certainly recommend them, but some people don't have budget for them, some just don't believe that they work and some people already have their own, so there isn't a straight answer
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
damn..now i've got that Monty Python tune going around in my head rolling eyes and i am having it for tea Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Patch wrote:
Hurtle, TallTone, The double LLs are pronounced, so it is VEE-LAR-LURE-AHN

The liaison between the second and third syllables is a little tricky; doesn't really "flow"
BINGO! Exactly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zero-G wrote:
I thought that a good boot fitter would also make custom footbeds for you as part of the fitting process. Or is that only for those of us with problematic biomechanics?

I think you will find that most "good boot fitters" offer both custom and trim to fit product. It really depends on the issues.

alison_ct Thanks for the mention. It's nice to get some positive feedback
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy