Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2010/11 Head Supershape Speed v Magnum?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone out there skied both of these skis?

I've skied the Supershape Speed for the past 4 seasons and they are now dead. Absolutely loved them and without doubt the best ski I've owned. Unfortunately I need to replace them asap and will try to test both models in the coming weeks but just interested in hearing any feedback from others. I would be opting for the 163 as I'm a lightweight but strong skier at 162cm tall. I need one ski that skis everywhere on the mountain and can easily manage with something narrow underfoot in the off piste but it needs to grip really well on the piste.

Particularly interested to hear how both models skied in the bumps. Not sure if the Speeds are going to be too stiff with the Kers system for big bumps?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I've skied both and own a pair of Magnums as well as a pair of old Head GSi skiw which are a very similar shape to the ispeed. The new ski's are basically the same as the old models (some sidecut variation but minor) but with the Kers addition. The Kers doesn't make the skis stiffer per se but stiffens them out of the turn! The new Kers ispeed will ski exactly the same as your supershape speed but with better speed out of the turns. I personally prefer the magnum since it is far more versitile, the extra width tip and tail means that it carves tighter turns and will float easier in powder (altho both are a bit heavy for proper off piste) and the extra sidecut i find provides more grip in icy conditions. In short they are both great ski's
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy