Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm off to Morzine for a week on Saturday and wondered if anyone had suggestions for ski hire shops.

It looks as if the snow isn't great so I'm thinking we are likely to be going up the Avoriaz side more than the Pleney side.

We aren't in the centre of the village so I'm looking for a shop that we can leave our gear in overnight.

A friend has suggested Intersport and a search on these forums has brought up Gravier Sports.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Phil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gravier is pretty central (opposite a great restaurant Etale that we ate in three times last week and was consistently excellent) not handy for picking your stuff up and heading over to Avoriaz, unless you are getting the bus in which case, easy peasy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are a few suggestions, including Gravier, on this thread.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1724720&highlight=morzine+hire#1724720

Gravier is very close to Pleney lifts, ideal if you spent most of your time on the Les Gets side.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But its only a few minutes walk to the Super Morzine gondola.

e17phil, Where abouts are you staying? I used the hire place next to the Ridge Hotel, which is about 10 minutes walk from Super Morzine, across the bridge. They seemed pretty decent.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand,

The Petit Cheval Blanc (I think - it's a Crystal place).

Not too bothered about a bit of a walk to be honest - that seems to be the nature of Morzine - I just don't want to lug the skis back to the hotel, and the chances are we will have a beer after coming off the slopes.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Phil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hubert Sports is very close to the Super Morzine lift
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
e17phil, I've used Hubert before and they're pretty good. There's also a big ski shop on the right as you're walking to the Super Morzine (the last bulding before you get there) - I can't remember who it is but I have used them before without any problems - If your priority is not having to lug your stuff around, then they'd be ok.

I got back from Morzine last night and I would concur that heading up towards Avoriaz and giving the Morzine/Pleney/Les Gets side a miss is a very good idea.

Le Linga was pretty good and there's still some nice stuff in Switzerland - hopefully you'll get a bit of the predicted snow!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy