Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Awesome Japan Video

Poster: A snowHead
Japan Through Five Eyes from Five Eyes Films
http://vimeo.com/21006245
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow! Looks incredible, especially Hakuba... another place to add to the rapidly spawning list of locations to ski.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
very good
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eventually sorted the technical problems and watched it. Fantastic.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 16-03-11 0:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great vid, makes me feel so sad , with all the troubles there at the moment Crying or Very sad
Hope to visit next year , and maybe do something to help the same time as skiing some of that fantastic powder
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
next season, maybe.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 16-03-11 0:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing in Japan right now, would seem so wrong. Some of the British working in the Ski resorts, have already decided to come home early.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spud, I understand the sentiment, but is withdrawing from the Japanese tourist industry a good thing to do at the moment?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably not...I think it's a mixture of feeling bad enjoying skiing all day, when people are suffering just down the road, and also a fear of what's going to happen next.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud, I understand that. I'd go if I had a holiday booked if I felt that the earthquake/nuclear risks were not significant to the ski resorts of Hokkaido (which seems to be the case), and if my travelling to Japan didn't add to the many burdens facing the country at the moment.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I clicked this and didn't really take much of an interest until I picked up the original thread on TGR and how the video came about really caught me...

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/217993-TR-Japan-best-ski-trip-ever.

^ if anyone is interested.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 15-03-11 23:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clarky999, scotia, thank you. Interesting and beautiful.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999, well that's the prettiest video I've seen in a long time. Makes me very sad to know that I won't be back for a while (and also to think of the devastation that has been and is being wreaked on various bits of Japan at the moment).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jzBun, it's (mainly) a ski video of Japan. Basically someone from TGR went off traveling, took a D7 (awesome but expensive DSLR), and made this video of his time skiing/travelling in Japan (more on Scotia's link). Worth watching in HD if you can.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jzBun, it's (mainly) a ski video of Japan. Basically someone from TGR went off traveling, took a 7D (awesome but expensive DSLR), and made this video of his time skiing/travelling in Japan (more on Scotia's link). Worth watching in HD if you can.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 16-03-11 1:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
clarky999, Cheers. I got there in the end but not HD - that was the problem. Great pictures, unbelievable powder.
snow report
I can't watch it here at work, but I'll remember this to watch in HD later at home.

I see (and ski) so much amazing stuff in Japan, and there's not a day that goes by when I'm not stoked to live here. I often wish I had the talent (and equipment!) to take great photos, or make videos that could do the place justice.

And I haven't felt bad skiing the past few days. Life has to continue. We're supporting a struggling industry (admittedly having alot of fun in doing so!) We're trying to help in a very small way with donations in cash, and clothes/blankets/foodstuffs, but stopping our normal day to day activities just isn't going to help anyone.
ski holidays
Edited...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 16-03-11 15:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
spud, look at the name of the website then take your information to the thread in the Apres Zone, there's no need for that here.
snow report
+1

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 16-03-11 20:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
spud, This website is dedicated to whipping up hysteria so that it can sell all sorts of shite which takes up 95% of the site. This is just one example of profiteering through fear: Selling emergency food packs
Quote:
If the U.S. economy totally collapsed and you were not able to rely on Wal-Mart and your local supermarkets for food, what would you and your family do? Do you have a backup plan? Or would you and your family go without food? Hard times are coming. Now is the time to store up plenty of emergency food....
latest report
I've removed the offending News item. Apologies for sharing news from another sourse other than our media and papers. Apologies ChrisWo for relying on Reuters and such like instead of the BBC for my 'ill-informed' news.

Lets hope all my friends Skiing and working in Japan return safely.
snow report
Arrived in Chitose under clear blue skies and 0 deg C temps at mid-day today.

Same on the drive to the Niseko area, but within 30 mins of arriving in Niseko Hirafu the temps dropped significantly and the flakes started falling. Hasn't stopped since.

Kiroro tomorrow to pick up my seasons pass and see what's fallen.

For anyone in two minds about visiting the mountains of Hokkaido, I haven't witnessed any damage or lack of goods or services in the short time I've been here.

Energy provision is not a problem, night skiing is still fully operational.

Hirafu is quiet but there are still people here very much enjoying the quality of snow and the lack of crowds.
snow report
Very nice indeed.
Mike Pow, are you out there for longer then? How long does the season last?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy