Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sores on feet

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Bansko, Bulgaria - trip report to follow...

Anyway

This is the second time it has happened to me - I tend to get open sores (have to use Compeed plasters) on the insides of my feet just below the ankle bone - I think my boots must be rubbing against me. I've had heel stabilisers fitted into my boots in Ellis Brigham and my boots don't feel overly slack or anything nor do I feel that I have any heel lift. The sores can be really sore and look quite bad.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Two possible things
1 the navicular bone is protruding and pressing on the shell
Or
2 there is excessive motion and the navicular bone is moving into the side of the shell

The solutions are simple depending on the problem, if all is stable and it is just a protruding bone then have the shell stretched over the area, or if it is caused by the foot moving int the area then stabilize the foot better to stop the movement....this would be the first thing to look at As youndo not want to create space if it is just going to make the problem worse
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, Hi there

Thanks for your reply. The area where the sore occurs is not at a bony part of the foot. its directly underneath the ankle bone (the side of the foot) - the sores occur on a fleshy part of the foot.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had the same problem once, it was a mixture of a crease in the liner when I put the boot on and a seam in a sock. Doesn't take much as the skin is soft there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Had the same problem once, it was a mixture of a crease in the liner when I put the boot on and a seam in a sock. Doesn't take much as the skin is soft there.

Hi Frosty

That's weird because if I remember correctly, your boots are Nordica Speedmachine 8 - same as mine - is that right?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jb1970, What CEM is pointing out is that for there to be a sore there must be pressure or movement. There is a bone under that fleshy bit. If you didn't want an opinion from a respected foot expert I'm not sure why you posted unless it was just to seek sympathy.

Of course it could just be cancer... Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jb1970, indeed they are, I am now careful that the liner and sock are not creased. My sore/rub was large and very painful.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother wrote:
jb1970, What CEM is pointing out is that for there to be a sore there must be pressure or movement. There is a bone under that fleshy bit. If you didn't want an opinion from a respected foot expert I'm not sure why you posted unless it was just to seek sympathy.

Of course it could just be cancer... Wink

I did not post to seek sympathy and bow to CEM superior knowledge. I didn't know there was a bone underneath that fleshy bit. I was just making sure CEM knew the part of the foot I was meaning.

FFS, you can't say anything on here without it blowing up into a big deal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice socks, nice footbed and nice boots that fit, sounds like a good start, go see Colin, he likes nice boys.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
jb1970, indeed they are, I am now careful that the liner and sock are not creased. My sore/rub was large and very painful.

My sore is large and quite painful.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970, you do have a teensy bit of a track record of starting threads moaning about your job/bike/car etc etc and now foot. Often not hanging around for the answer. If you didn't think there was a bone under your skin below your medial malleolus, how did you think weight was transmitted to the ground? Bless Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If the sore is as a result of friction, similar to a blister, you could try taping the area with sports (zinc oxide) tape. Apply it ten minutes or so before putting your socks on so your body heat helps the adhesive to stick properly. Works best as a preventative measure though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother, Do your heels touch the ground when mincing correctly?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Darling. I float. Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, I hope some of the info you got was useful.
latest report
jb1970, any chance you could post without moaning, just for once?
snow conditions
jb1970 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. The area where the sore occurs is not at a bony part of the foot. its directly underneath the ankle bone (the side of the foot) - the sores occur on a fleshy part of the foot.

in that case i would think it is movement, if there is no protruding bones at the point of the problem it has to be rubbing susspect that

1 your footbed isn't working properly
or
2 the boot is too big
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
jb1970 wrote:

in that case i would think it is movement, if there is no protruding bones at the point of the problem it has to be rubbing susspect that

1 your footbed isn't working properly
or
2 the boot is too big

Thanks. I am hazarding a guess that it could be the footbed as the boots don't feel too big (I was sized by Ellis Brigham when I bought them) - could they have bedded down too much?

I'll go into Ellis Brigham at the weekend and see what they say.
ski holidays
boot too big is not just a length thing, it could be the correct length for the foot but too much volume around the foot
snow report
I went to Ellis Brigham last night and they have put a heel lift onto the back of my footbeds.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy