Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ZipFit Liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Currently skiing Salomon Quest 12 boots, the foot fit is good and I have custom insoles but I just don't feel like I am getting the drive/control I want from the shin/calf area. The Quest liner has a pull lace system and I do this as tight as I can before skiing and then buckles and the power strap up to a firm feel when I get to the top of the hill.
Would a ZipFit liner help me achieve a better feel for driving the ski boot? I should add that I have quite skinny calves and that this may be the problem..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For sure. I'm a huge Zipfit fan but I would also look to Intuition, they have a larger range of liners that you might find suitable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had a look on the intuition website - they look pretty good too. Could anyone point me in the direction of someone who stocks both for comparison and does anyone have any personal experience of either?
I have been doing some more reading and understand that an aftermarket liner will also increase the overall stiffness of the boot - is this true and if so by approximately how much?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Could anyone point me in the direction of someone who stocks both for comparison and does anyone have any personal experience of either?

Try Colin at Solutions 4 feet. He does both, I think

http://solutions4feet.co.uk/catalogue_main.php?catID=1064&PHPSESSID=17971b99a4428f4fb8a3f4a4519d10d6

I have ZipFits, still quite new, I'm very pleased with them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks pam w, which ZipFits do you have out of interest?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The zip fit will give you more precise fit around the foot, as to which model is best it depends on your foot, if you have a foot which fills the shell really well then the world cup version is probably going to work fine, if the quest is a bit loose then the grand prix has around 10% more cork mix in the liner, the last option if ther eis lots of space is the heli pro (also called the Indy) which is a bit of a combination between the zip fit liner than an intuition

Hope that helps
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, thanks I think I would need quite a tight fit as when I checked my shell fit in my boots I had about 1 fingers width free behind my heel with big toe touching the front of the boot although quite hard to measure as the quest have quite a large heel pocket.. Is this something you would recommend and would I be able to fit at home or am I looking at a long drive to see you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zip fit can be solf moulded if you have a large pot of boiling water or an oven set at a low temp but it is easier in a shop environment as we can heat both the lienrs and the shells as a pair at the same time

physical length is only one measurment, it is the volume in the shell which determines which model you would use to best effect
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HenryL, I have some ZipFits, fitted by CEM, done 3 (maybe 4 ?) years ago. They are excellent. To achieve a good fit, Colin did need to make some adjustments to the shells of my boots..so I'd recommend a trip there. In my case the getting them to bed in took a few days - this included skiing without socks, and with buckles undone - which was much easier to take knowing I was starting in the right place (i.e. fitted by Colin).

The liners really do last - I use mine weeky on plastic all year around, as well at 4 or 5 weeks on snow... the liners still look (and feel) as new. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski, Thanks for the reassurance. Looks like I'll have to arrange some time off over the next few weeks to visit CEM, as I would like to at least try some zipfits before my next trip even if it means sore feet for the week. Cheers for the input all. I will let you know once I have some experience of them to share.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy