Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for opinions for off piste ski Blend, s3, or shogun?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As i can leave skis at our place I am looking for a specific offpiste ski, will not be the number 1 ski and can sit in the cave until conditions are good. i.e not really this year!

My prophet 90's in 179 are excellent, but a bit stiff for powder days and so would like something a little softer.

me 5 foot 9, 70 ish kg's reasonably ok off piste, struggle in crud a little. Would just like to make it a little easier as the prophets tip dive a bit off piste

I was looking at Blends in 178, s3 in 178, or shogun in 182...........s7's may be a bit big as i always ski in europe and would like them to be usable in the typical conditions we get here and also my left knee may not like something that wide, but i may just get used to it??

don't want to much crossover with the prophets, and that may rule out the shoguns?

Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The redeemers on sale here???
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
S7 would be my choice out of those three if it was a pure pow ski.

shogun looks like a great all round ski and i've skied with a lad who had them for a day and they certainly performed for him in various conditions. If it's a pow ski you're after though, there's a massive choice out there and bargains to be had.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
another vote for S7
the others overlap with your prophet 90s much more IMO
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, Would love it to be a pure powder ski, but don't get really deep very often and its more likely to be tracked, cruddy, lumpy and difficult at times, with nice powder sometimes if you look hard, so need something to cope with the yukky bits as well! So not sure if s7 is too focused?? so powder with other capabilites as well, which prophets do ok, but they don't do the powder bit so well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
**** I am involved with Salomon***

carroz, Have the Shoguns and Love them do a everything well, Piste is their week point but have had them in everything from Chopped up crud to bumps to powder and they have never failed.

S3 is a nice littel ski to as is the Vokl Mantra or movment Jam
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, shoogly, Agreed the others do overlap with the prophets, If s7, what length 178 or 188, having looked at a pair of 188's they did seem enormous.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a look at the S3 thread in this section for my user view
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carroz wrote:
Arno, shoogly, Agreed the others do overlap with the prophets, If s7, what length 178 or 188, having looked at a pair of 188's they did seem enormous.

I'd agree with them too, and you should definitely get the 188.

I'm the same height/weight as you, and ski the 190 Bibby's, which are fairly similar in design and purpose to the S7's. FWIW, even though the Bibbys are fatter, I still find them incredible versatile and fun in a wide range of Euro conditions, and I'd imagine the S7's would suprise you with their versatility too (not that I've skied them though).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carroz, because of the rockered tip and tail, the S7 will fell quite short on piste so I'd size up if it was me. the rocker also makes skis like the S7 very easy to move around in soft snow. i have a similar-shaped pair of skis in a 190 (DPS 112RPs) and that is a about perfect for me, although i am a good bit bigger than you
i honestly think that if you get the S7 (or similar) you will find yourself skiing them a lot more than you think. although my 112s are (shock) 112 under foot, they are now firmly my everyday ski. i have some fatter ones which come out very occasionally if I know i'll be in powder all day and some thinner ones (105 underfoot) which i use for lightweight touring mostly. the sidecut on the 112s makes them fun to carve on firm snow and they work well in almost every off piste condition
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999, Arno, shoogly, Thank you for all the advice, now (when they arrive) i am the owner of a pair of s7 in 188, Very Happy now just got to decide where to mount them....!!!! They are going to get a look pivot on them, so can't move it once drilled, so need to get it right..... Puzzled

There is a thread on TGR most seem to ski them at 0, but some at -2.....its seems the original test versions the 0 mark was further back. I will not be riding switch in the powder on them, unless i am in the middle of a large mishap!

Shoguns were in the frame, but too much overlap with prophets (and my rather old misfits)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carroz, enjoy!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have fun with 'em dude, hope you get a lot of pow days to play with them, especially if that happens to be in Tirol lol.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy