Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Rock Sale

Poster: A snowHead
Winter Sale started today, great deals on skis and other gear, well worth a look online
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mantras at 275, S7s at 315, not bad prices, tempted by the latter Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a quick look earlier and noticed that they seemed to have undercut EB by a couple of quid on most things that I looked at.....I am feeling quite tempted to buy some bits and bobs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Dublin shop has up to 50% off on most sock including skis!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13, 50% off socks sounds quite tempting Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lethal_Hamster, does that mean you only get one sock??

...I'll get my coat.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lethal_Hamster, last year I saw a sign in different shop: "Buy one sock, get another one free".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now, here's a bargain!!! kind of makes me wish i had waited a few months and grabbed these instead of my Hardsides!

http://www.snowandrock.com/kastle-mx-98-10/11-(ski-only)/skis/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/14344

£390 for MX98s!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anybody seen any retailers with reductions on Atomic SL / ST skis?
S+R only sell the super-pricey D2 W and it seems to be the only ski on their site that isn't reduced.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wigan, Well that's saved me looking - I was after the D2 W at a bargain price. Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots, Was that what you hired in Arabba?

Are you considering using them as your only ski (in place of the off-centre-whatsits?)

Edit/Addition:
I fell in love with the short stiff SL11s that I used there but am being told by the wiser one that I ought to try some other brands and types out by hiring at the EoSB before committing to a slalom ski.

Maybe they were just suited to the wonderful pisting we had in Italy? Or can we use them as a go-everywhere, including VT slush ski? I might start a thread in the equipment section asking people's opinions of other skis to hire/try in VT before deciding.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wigan, Yes. Although in Arabba I had the mens D2 - almost as nice... but not quite.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Big problem they have is lack of bindings ...... AFAIK all reductions are skis only ..... and I got the last set of Marker Griffons in the company yesterday.
They told me Marker had no stock when they tried to order more a couple of months ago.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
wigan, Yes. Although in Arabba I had the mens D2 - almost as nice... but not quite.

Looking at the price maybe we should share a pair. Problem is we'd never be able to go on the same bash again wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wigan, I was thinking the same thing and I'm not sure about the various conditions/good pistes issue either. I'm planning to test a few in Tignes in a couple of weeks before making a final decision. Have also been advised to try the Head Great One, adored the Omeglass but they're just so damn heavy. I dunno... the more I look into this, the more confused I get.

Also, I have to see if I can learn to re-love my off-centre whatsits... which are currently being fondled by Filarinskis.. who are going to use their magic hands to return them to on-centre-whatsits. wink

Assuming I can re-love them, I'd be looking to get a pure piste ski as a second ski rather than a replacement. If I can't, then I might be looking for more of an all mountain ski.

Gawd knows... my brain hurts... rolling eyes Please do start the thread and I'll read it with interest. wink

Sorry for the thread drift.. but if it's of any interest to anyone, Filarinskis have a 20% sale across the board on their skis.

http://www.filarinskis.com/index.php
snow report
wigan, Cross post - if my cunning plan for 2 skis works.. then yes, we could still go on the same bash. wink
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, I've cooked up a list of things to try as well. Will start a thread later this weekend in the equipment section and PM you a link to it.

Yes, sorry for thread drifting! Tune into the equipment forum next week folks for more exciting installments of the joint ramblings of confused female SHs who think they may be in love with a very expensive slalom ski, but know they really oughtn't.
latest report
Luckily I need a very expensive slalom ski like a hole in the head. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
wigan, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, I'm sure if you asked nicely you could probably try Batman_123's Storm Infernos in Tignes, that is if we can pack em in in the luggage allowance we've got!
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, Oooh yes please. Very Happy Tell her she only needs to bring one pair of socks after all... wink
latest report
Schuss in Boots, of course you can try them if we bring them, assuming the bindings fit/can be adjusted to your boot size easily. Not sure how I'm going to get 2 pairs of skis, boots and all my stuff for the week into one ski bag though!

New socks delivered to work today Very Happy
snow report
Batman_123, maybe someone kind who's travelling from Luton and not taking skis will lend you some luggage allowance? Wink
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Batman_123, maybe someone kind who's travelling from Luton and not taking skis will lend you some luggage allowance? Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy