Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen raises Tickets prices above $100 mark

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the first time & during the season walk up prices have increased to $104 !!!

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/145674
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These are stupid prices - confirms me in feeling I'm not returning to the USA.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The US economy must be booming. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I recall thinking lift prices out there weren't terribly cheap back when you got $2 to a pound - must be eye watering these days ... wouldn't like to think I'd never return though!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blimey, I was going to visit with the family for our second week in April after leaving Breckenridge but I'm really going to look for other places now. may do a day trip but there are four of us !!! The lift tickets will be the same as our entire week in Paradise..er sorry thats La Rosiere including accomodation and food !!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's the US freemarket and good old American competition Frosty, keeps prices down for the consumer unlike those nasty restrictive practices and high wages in Europe ... oh hang on Wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vail topped the century earlier in the season with $102, no doubt they are trying to compete wink

It was a talking point in a gondola between the locals in Utah. However hardly anyone pays this price. We averaged around $60 per day at any mountain and sometimes less. I think the total average we paid was £37. Not a bad price for all that untracked pow Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bones, Hmm. Espace Killy day lift pass €44,50 in main season - so about $62. Much the same, then - though why the Americans have a high published rate is beyond me. I guess Espace Killy gives you more area - but Vail tries to take out in-bounds avalanche risk - so making 'off-piste' safer.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 10-03-11 9:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its all about bragging rights as the ultra premium resort in North America (and probably to deter the riff raff). Almost everyone who cares about the price will be on some package discount ticket with lodging etc. Essentially they don't want casual day trippers and would rather have people staying in town spending lots of cash.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bones, could you give me a tip on where to bag the cheapest lift tickets ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty, We werent in Vail, but Utah Madeye-Smiley

Who have you booked your accommodation with, or have you gone DIY ?

Supermarkets and some ski shops around Frisco used to sell discounted tickets, but not sure if they still do. Vail may have the monopoly on them a bit like Aspen now.

The best way to go with Vail is to buy the Epic Pass early in the season which would have covered you for all the Vail resorts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 years ago when in killington, Vermont, I was paying $78 for the day on a weekend. What a total joke! I certainly will never go back there, not just because of the price, there were other issues as well.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bones, We went DIY and booked a house on the 4 o'clock run, I've heard about the discounted tickets in Supermarkets. The Breck web site says it has the best priced tickets by buying in advance but because of the jet lag and altitude its possible we may not ski the first full day so I'm reluctant to buy in advance and hopefully will pick up some cheapish tickets in the supermarket
. We are all very excited, meeting up with 9 other friends/familys now, the house is enourmous
Quote:

We werent in Vail, but Utah

spectacles on now...duh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some SH still doubt if the ski pass is really "steep" in USA.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy