Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help me decide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
been looking to book a sunshine weeks skiing for me and my OH ( she won,t ski ), and im off from the 26th march for a week . looking at two different hols both with crystal one but cant decide on which one to pick
my choices are
hotel residence in grindelwald or
hotel hofer in kitzbuhel
both are around same price circa £ 250 each
i have skied kitzbuhel before but not grindelwald , i know both are low and snow cover might not be that great .
has anyone just got back from either place , with some conditions to report .
last time i went to kitzbuhel was told it was not unusual to get a big dump of snow towards the end of march .
where as grindelwald is looking a bit sparse on the webcams and its the last week before the first side shuts .
look like flipping a coin
Very Happy Cool Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow conditions wise it isn't going to help knowing what it was like last week or even today. A lot can change in two weeks. So a coni flip it is Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not Kitz, but other places around Innsbruck were fine last week, although getting a bit bare on south facing slopes. I had great fun in Kitz last April, good amount of fresh snow and good conditions on/off piste the rest of the time. Never skied Grindlewald.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitz could be green by then! Hofer is cheap due to being a club hotel and normally not very good, also location is a bit crappy nice walk or bus to get near ski lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having a non-skier with you, I'd suggest that Grindelwald would be the better option since there's more for a non-skier to do and with the mountain railway network it's easy for her to meet up with you on the mountain for lunch eg at Kleine Scheidegg (the station restaurant is very good and if the weather's good you can sit outside in the sun with a great view of the Eiger). She can also spend a day in nearby Interlaken, take a boat trip on the Lake, go over to Murren and take the cable car to the restaurant at the top of the Schilthorn (used in the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service). Non skiers can buy a weekly mountain train pass, more info here
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
still looks like being a coin toss Very Happy Very Happy
although just found one going to saas fee , same price . allalin apartment with inghams .
going to put three post it notes on dartboard , nearest dart wins .
can you imagine what i,m like with menus Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't think Saas Fee would offer so much to a non-skier compared to the other two.

I'd go for Grindelwald but Kitzbuhel's mediaeval centre (with town gate) is pretty and you can do a day trip to Saltzburg.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Word of warning with Crystal, we found they were really crap when we went to LDA in Feb
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Gridelwald end of March a couple of years ago. Highest pistes were great, middle were slushy and bottom were for the cows. Agree with non skiier stuff - take a copy of Joe Simpson's "The Beckoning Silence" to read on the terrace of Kleine Scheidegg hotel and a copy of the (German) DVD North Face (but anorak note - Femaile lead is a fabrication) snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
went with Crystal this year to Mayrhofen - they were, as usual, fine. herded around like sheep on transfer day (but then which TO doesn't do this?) but the rep was really helpful when i thought i might need an emergency flight back. As usual though sort your own ski rental etc out and generally ignore any restaurant recommendations etc.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just booked to go to saas fee with inghams
allalin apartments at a very reasonable £ 485 for two with ski carriage

well chuffed Very Happy Cool Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy