Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mt Decker, Blackcomb Backcountry. 3.7

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new wife had some friends over from Chamonix staying in Whistler for a few days. The weather forecast was clear, no new snow for a few days and the avalanche risk back down to moderate so we went for a little walk.

Even the groomers looked amazing in the sun:

Contrary to popular belief the alpine in North America can be very, ummm, Alpinesque. And only 20 minutes away from the gates:

V on the first pitch we skied. The snow was creamy goodness on the south facing slopes, if it's like this all day we're going to be stoked:

Silky smooth but still kinda light:

Telewhackers always make it look good:

What did you think? Arms up if you had a good time:

No. 2

No. 3

I like to use positive re-enforcement to keep moral high, smiles, then more skinning to our final destination Mount Decker - the flat one in the background:

Much quieter than the other side, some how I just prefer the views here:

Everything is bigger in North America, even the skin track is dual lane! Gives the boarders a choice of two skin tracks to walk up. Haha. Actually they normally create their own bootpack.

The wind picked up and a few clouds gathered over the peak we planned to ski, but the light was awesome:

OK, skins off, grins on:

Now we get to ski this:

Tina has been skiing for 3 years:

Teleskier gets faceshots, hmmmmm, might be time to break out the tele gear again...

My wife is a goddess in so many ways, especially on skis:

I made some turns:

Skins back on for the skin out. By the time we got back to the ridge to ski in clouds had formed at the top so we made a few tentative turns in some wind effected snow. 100m lower the clouds were gone and the snow was amazing, a real treat for the return ski down "Body Bag Bowl", we didn't stop for the camera sadly.

Back at Whistler and the team were ready for a well deserved apres beer. Accidental coordination:

Lots more photos on Facebook
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice! snowHead
(This is helping me to overcome my hiking inertia/laziness - though did make it as far as Flute at least)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great stuff

Been out on Decker a few times when I used to live in Vancouver.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
back before dark too - nice!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuarth, stay inbounds, the snow is rubbish outside the gates. NehNeh wink

norris, it's the missus' first time out the back, she was blown away by the possibilities.

Arno, did you see Shirks comments? Haha. V test drove a big truck last week, and this week all she's heard about (not from me) is Sled skiing, next year is gonna be a bumper pow session...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor wrote:
next year is gonna be a bumper pow session...

i may have to make an appearance
how many people can you fit on a sled? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
parlor wrote:
next year is gonna be a bumper pow session...

i may have to make an appearance
how many people can you fit on a sled? Madeye-Smiley

Have you ever seen Arcticman? With a sled and a rope, there's no limits Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy