Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am flying to Belgarmo italia on 2nd April with 2 daughters, to ski until 8th April, we ski most stuff blacks etc I have been reading the posts trying to pick up some ideas, and looking for cheap B&B , in Trento/Bolzano ?, would llike to ski in Cortina, if not too far, we have a hire car. can anyone recommend somewhere to stop and also to hire ski's. Dont mind where we stay I saw on recent post that Folgarida is quite cheap but looks quite a trek from there to Cortina? Any advice on where to ski that week, and names of B&B's and hire shops would be much appreciated
Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dnh,
Cortina is miles away from here. Even though on the map it's not far, due to only having a bit of motorway in the middle, it will take between 2.5 and 3.5 hours, depending on how you drive on the mountain road sections. Mind you Toofy Grin it may be worth the drive just to clog it over the Passo Sella, which must be one of the most fun roads anywhere, when it's snow free.

Your best bet, if you want to ski in cortina, would be to stay around that area.
Here's a link to the local tourist info who should be able to help
http://www.dolomiti.org/dengl/Cortina/cinfo/info01a.html

Good luck

EDIT - you could send Admin a PM as he has a good knowledge of that area and may know some hotels or B&B's worth looking at.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
thanks for your reply,it looks as if cortina is a far drive.Is there enough to keep us occupied for4/ 5 days in the area of trento? and is there any resonably priced b&b and ski hire local?we will bring boots but Ryan air is a rip on sports eqipment so will want to hire skis.Maybe I will try a one night stop over in Cortina
thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It you're looking for some flexibility then you could try the Holiday Inn in Dimaro.
It's just off (75m) the main road that runs down the Val de Sol. You don't have to book a full week so it would be a good choice.
For ski hire. Come out of the hotel and turn right. About 50m up the road is Rossati Sport and they do some good hire gear, it's run by the brother of a mate mine.

As you're on the main road you can reach most of the resorts in the area. Don't forget to get a full SuperSkiRama Lift Pass (yeah I know, stupid name). This way you can ski each are without getting a new pass for each.

The only problem I can see in getting to Cortina from Dimaro is getting back to the motorway - takes about 45 mins if there's no busses on the road. After this go up the motorway towards Austria and then cut into the Sella area. Takes around 2.5 hours normally. BUT if you get a full area pass for round here there really is loads to do. you can ski from 3,000m downwards and the pass (I think) covers about 400km of pistes - so you don't "have" to go over to sella. Up to you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the imfo,I think if I can get accomidation around Dimaro it would make more sense,the superskirama looks like a good deal!
Many thanks for your time
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy