Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian Season Closing dates - will Aprica be open 9th-16th April?

Poster: A snowHead
I've read on another thread (Help TO error) that milky way resorts are closing on 10th April. I'm leading a party of 22 adults/children for a week in Aprica from 9th-16th April, and assume everything will be open...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not email the tourist office. You could probably find the address on the Aprica website http://www.apricaonline.com/ ( I just got this through Google)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daveyladboy, when you find out please let me know as i might just be heading that way on the 9th ! now i am worried Shock
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
according to http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Italy/Aprica.html the resort has 40 kms of pistes and closes (subject to snow conditions) on 24 April.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, oh thanks, flapped a bit for a few minutes!!! As i said, heading out on the 9th april with a group of 50 from ski rossendale kids club - avoid our hotel...ha Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You are organising a group of 22 adults and children! Puzzled You chose a resort and a time, booked a group and have not had the gumption to check the Tourist Office in the resort! Puzzled

While we on snowHead s, are enthusiastic and have a fair bit of knowledge I doubt we would have the same level of knowledge as the local TO!

I hope your group do not have any problems on the holiday! That could be horrific!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy Hockley, he said he's "leading" not organising - potentially a big difference.

Aprica goes up to about 7,500' with north-facing slopes but it is on the sunny side of the alps. Can't imagine they'll be skiing down into town that easily without the intervention of the Almighty.

If organised by an operator, I guess they are hoping for the best but know that the option to bus people to Passo Tonale is always there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the kinder replies - contacted Tourist Office as suggested and their direct response was 'depends on the weather - we usually close in early May' - hope this helps anybody planning to go there too...
I don't think I lack 'gumption' - I was just surprised to read on another thread that Via Lattea resorts were closing so early, especially as Tour Operators are still happily taking bookings... Sunnbuel - we'll do our best to avoid you!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, True! Leading or organising would have some of the same component tasks in most recreational groups! Have fun and welcome to snowHead s btw!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davyladboy - bergfex is always pretty accurate for weather, snow depths etc http://www.bergfex.com/aprica/schneebericht/ decent dump due this sunday Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
According to snowforecast.com, Aprica's due 21cm of snow from Wednesday night...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
daveyladboy, and Befgfex reckon on 35cm sunday Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
according to http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Italy/Aprica.html the resort has 40 kms of pistes and closes (subject to snow conditions) on 24 April.

j2ski say the same about the via lattea resorts but they are wrong !! my TO phoned the local tourist offices and they said "depends on the weather/snow" but at the moment planning to close on 10th april. j2ski probably base their info on the same info that my TO originally had which is now not correct
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pants! It's not snowing, it's raining today... On the resort webcam the mountain sides look REALLY cruddy too...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
daveyladboy wrote:
Pants! It's not snowing, it's raining today... On the resort webcam the mountain sides look REALLY cruddy too...

[img]aprica upper 17 march 11[/img]

Webcam from today so relax, its not THAT bad and its due to get colder and snow next week Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Raah!!!
snow report
e-mailed the tourist office again, as the slopes look pretty bare now and they replied 'of course we'll still be open next week!' About 60% of the slopes are currently open. See you there!
ski holidays
daveyladboy, TBH i was starting to get a bit worried - its not due to get colder till a week next thurs/fri. The webcams don't look too promising. beginning to wish we had booked for Passo T again for the glacier. This seems to be the most honest site http://www.skiinfo.com/Snowreport/Aprica-EITAPRICA-100-en.jhtml Neutral
ski holidays
daveyladboy,
[img]aprica upper 6 april 11[/img]

[img]aprica all april 11[/img] Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow report
We'll have a lovely time! The swimming pool looks good and the nature trail looks fab for an afternoon hike, if it's really cruddy. I've got a party of 22, 11 children, 11 adults. 18 skiers from (6-50 years old). A small group of us may want to venture further afield - and Passo Tonale looked promising - 37km away - is it doable by public bus? We're flying so don't have a coach with us in resort...
Sorry to hear about the closure of Rossendale by the way...
ski holidays
daveyladboy,
Quote:

Sorry to hear about the closure of Rossendale by the way...

Yes, if you see 35 adults and 19 kids melting the slush with their tears - take pity on us - Sad Sad Sad
latest report
daveyladboy, hope you enjoyed Aprica - we had a fantastic time - the runs were better than expected espc after the snowcannon on thurs/fri. It was just great having the reds and blacks to ourselves Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
sunnbuel - thanks, we had a great time! Thought Equity were very good. Aprica was a good resort; thought the pistes were well managed and had great fun on the black run from dosso passo! Everyone we met was really friendly - we had our 18 month old baby with us and people kept giving us presents and free chocolate for him! The ski bus driver regularly stopped in the road to pick up my wife and take her back to the hotel/lift station. Can't believe it snowed on the last day, albeit for 10 minutes. Talked to some of your party at the bus stop by the pool and had to laugh at the catalogue of non-skiing injuries to your party! Sorry! The Italian Ski School instructors were great fun too. One of the highlights of the week for me was the 4 year old snow-boarder - he was amazing! My party want to go back there next year when Easter's earlier and, hopefully much more of the mountain will be open.
ski holidays
daveyladboy, a very underated location. Well prepared and interesting pistes. Earlier in the year skiing down to resort level. On the mountain 1 euro for coffee, 6 euros for a fresh pizza that did 4 of us for lunch. Hotels within 5 mins walk of Gondolas. I agree Equity, Ski plan (same folk) could not be faulted. When the new mountain road opens transfer times should be much reduced. Well worth a visit.
As for the injuries, on piste 0, hotel 5 rolling eyes kids huh wink

By the way many of our kids had never been on snow before (dendix only) and it wasn't a problem. Boilerplate, slush, reds , blacks, they coped really well. It just shows that its the quality of instruction that matters not the surface.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy