Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toes Cramping

Poster: A snowHead
Hello.Was skiing in Saas Fee last week for a few days and towards the afternoon each day my toes started to cramp fairly badly.
It has happened before on other skiing holidays but seems to have got worse this time.
Has anyone any ideas to the problem or solution.
Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look to your boots. Are you renting or using same boots as in previous trips? What boots, any changes in socks, feet size, footbeds etc. With this information, you will get more pertinent advice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your boots are too big
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you have a footbed in the boots? You probably need to see a bootfitter, where-abouts in the country are you living?

related thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49106
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.I bought them in the Great Outdoors in Dublin.
When i loosen the bindings it seems to help in the short term.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Your boots are too big

how would that work ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowdrop, when boots are too big one instinctively bends the toes to keep the foot steady within the boot. The toes eventually tire and cramp.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if not too big, maybe too much volume, clawing the toes or over tightening the clips to try and hold the foot in place, probably getting worse as the liners are packing down more
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry. I meant the clips on the boots.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As per the above. The boots I wear on plastic are now shot and I get cramp after just a couple of runs. I'm sure it's because the boot liners are shot and new boots are needed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not necessarily too big - I'm pretty certain mine fit (thanks to CEM) and I generally get crampy toes when I get tense or tired - I call it the "toe brake". Actually hurts worse in boots that do fit as you haven't really got space to grip with the toes, but still try! Do you find you get crampy feet after a run at the edge of your comfort zone?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am no expert on shoe fitting, but make sure your boots dry out overnight properly, if you are getting cramps etc towards the end of your day it may be that your feet are getting wet/damp from a mixture of boots leaking and sweat. I can't rememeber the exact figure but each foot can sweat a surprisingly large amount of 'water' a day. The dampness seems to bring on cramp in some people.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 9-03-11 8:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When my toes do that - it is usually because I am skiing badly.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, You get the pain all day Shocked
wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't want to step on the experts toes but... I get that occationally and it's usually because I've been over enthusiastic with the toe buckle. Lossen it off a turn and it goes away in my case.
latest report
The boots are a half size too big for me so to compenate i have to tie the clips a bit tighter.
Is there a solution or a new pair of boots needed?.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy