Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fire at Hotel du Golf in Courchevel 1650

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a Fb update from Pierre et Vac.... Apparantly there was a fire at the hotel yesterday and it's currently closed. I hope no SH's are booked in there anytime soon.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's not good, hope everyone is safe.
When I worked in 1650 back in 1992 I was involved in a fire in the sports shop that was (Still is?) Patrice Sport. We had to evacuate the Hotels either side and the apartments above.
Then find accomodation for the night for everyone, it amazed me how accomodating everyone was, punters and saisonniere alike, we stuffed people in everywhere by 3am I was knackered and then realised that I hadn't got myself anywhere as my room had just gone up in flames Confused

My abiding memory was the Hotel owners mournful wail 'Mon Hotel...'
We got lucky, only one hospitalised and he recovered well. Ironically it was him who had dropped a cigarette butt in a wood workshop.
Best wishes to all involved.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2011/03/08/incendie-300-vacanciers-anglo-saxons-evacues-en-pleine-nuit?image=d69146cf-2089-45f7-8619-0fd2d1c79155#galery
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If anyone is booked in P et V they have an contact number to discuss. It is +3355263002

Andy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhg05h_incendie-a-courchevel-400-vacanciers-evacues_news
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jings!

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Residence du Lac is where the fire was rather than the Hotel du Golfe.
The residence being considered a private "habitation" rather than a hotel, it didn't have (and it seems quite legally) any fire alarms so basically, residents ahd to go around waking every one up and then make it out through the smoke.
Shocked
When you think it was the middle of the night, it's a miracle there are no serious casualties...

The slate roof made the fire crews work difficult by "hiding" dormant fire. A heating device is suspected to be the cause.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kruisler, I've often wondered why there were no smoke detectors in our apartments, although we do have a fire alarm in the lobby we can sound.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there everyone,

I represent Pierre & Vacances in the UK and Ireland.

The Hôtel du Golf was unaffected and was only evacuated as a precaution. Hotel guests are back in the rooms, any customers booked into the hotel are fine. However the Residence du Golf (adjacent to the Hotel) is closed for the rest of the season and any customers booked there will be offered alternatives. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Please see our Facebook page for more details:
http://www.facebook.com/pierreetvacances.uk.ireland

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
athena_surf, thanks for the clarification, the facebook update i had says residence hotel du golf hence the confusion, perhaps an update to that fb page might help for those confused.

regards
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy