Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowberry vs Ski Republic hire in Val d Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We can hire skis, boots and (dare I say it... helmets) for a family of 4 at Ski Republic for around E450 for 8 days, insurance included
Snowberry will put us back around E780 for 8 days
I can see that Snowberry has a smarter/newer set up. but is the E300 price difference worth it?
They do pick you up from chalet and bring you back, and have little values added, but how much?
Anyone with experience of the two - advise appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lizski wrote:
but is the E300 price difference worth it?

No.

Reserve your kit on line with ski republic and you will get the same kit for less wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies for the shameless thread hijack, but it's kinda on topic.

What I normally do, is turf up at the resort, have a wander around the ski shops, choose one that has skis I wanna try, and then rent from there. I find this gives me a lot more flexibility to try different skis and get kit that's right for whatever conditions prevail. Obviously I have my own boots - would not contemplate rentals.

Now I am heading to Val in two weeks time, and am curious whether I should abandon my *usual* approach and book some skis on-line. Obviously the saving is attractive, but I am fearful of being palmed off with kit I don't want, not having the flexibility to ski different ski's on different days, or just generally being locked into a place that's either hugely busy (as some are) or with a sucky attitude.

I have not rented in Val before, as last time I went there, I was still lugging my three ski quiver around.

Any locals/regulars to Val want to suggest the better way forward?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there, I'm the manager of Snowberry and would like to reply to your query re the price difference between Snowberry and Ski Republic. We have a vast range of different equipment and different prices and can certainly provide skis, boots, helmets and insurance for a family of 4 for a similar price plus our additional services such as transport to the shop to collect the equipment, free overnight storage across from the pistes and collection of the kit from your chalet at the end of the week are all included free of charge. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail on service@snowberry-valdisere.com with your detailed requirements and I will send you more information. Best regards
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sbd, I actually did send an email 4 days ago and have still not received a reply, will send it again now.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sbd, Thank you so much for the comprehensive and quick reply.
Great to see you on snowHead and that you took the time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VamP wrote:
Now I am heading to Val in two weeks time, and am curious whether I should abandon my *usual* approach and book some skis on-line. Obviously the saving is attractive, but I am fearful of being palmed off with kit I don't want, not having the flexibility to ski different ski's on different days, or just generally being locked into a place that's either hugely busy (as some are) or with a sucky attitude.

That used to be my approach until this year - then I booked with Intersport through alpinresorts.com (use discount code SNOWBALL) and saved close to 80 euro each trip. I found it pretty funny that the guy in front of me in the store paid nearly 150 euro for 7 days hire and I'd paid less than 70 euro for similar standard kit in a busy resort, pk season.

With alpinresorts you can book cancel insurance for about 3 eur - so if you don't like shop/serivice/queue then sack it off and see if you can do better elsewhere...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="bertie bassettThat used to be my approach until this year - then I booked with Intersport through alpinresorts.com and saved close to 80 euro each trip. I found it pretty funny that the guy in front of me in the store paid nearly 150 euro for 7 days hire and I'd paid less than 70 euro for similar standard kit in a busy resort, pk season.

[/quote]

Thanks, I shall go and investigate their site presently Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy