Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short trip self-catering

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Also, I have searched the forum, with little clear success, for an answer to the following so please humour me:

I am looking for some pointers regarding a Sunday to Friday trip.

Two of us are looking to get away early on Sunday April 3rd, driving South and finding a hill to ski down from Monday to Friday, returning either Friday evening or Saturday April 9th.

The problem I am finding is that 6 day packages for these days are virtually non-existent (unless I am looking in the wrong places?!).

Second to that, where a reasonable deal emerges, it tends to be in a little known resort which invariably hints at a lack of snow at this stage of the season.

Am I best off just going for a 7 day Saturday onwards deal and arranging with the TO to arrive a day late?

Alternatively, other than the holidaylettings website, is there a good site out there that pools 'privately' rented properties?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Shakes.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shaky, could do you a deal for the previous week in Serre Chevalier, any dates betweek Sat 26th March and Sun 3rd April. Not a package though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shaky, If you only want a package inc flights, transfers etc., that's not easy. However, if you are happy to arrange your own flights, post a message on the Solutions Room on www.chaletsdirect.com and you'll probably get some offers. Some of he private owners who will respond to you, will offer transfers as part of their service (with or without a charge) but it's not difficult to organise these for yourself if necessary - you could also hire a small car for the two of you, which gives you some flexibility if snow isn't great in the immediate area. The owners on that site do tend to be catered, but there are also plenty of self-catered options too
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
when you say "driving south" shaky, do you mean driving all the way? In which case, absolutely no problem. There are loads of sites advertising apartments to let - just rent one for the week, then arrange to arrive Monday. If you are driving yourself, a package is really of no advantage to you. If you arrive early Monday morning you might need to make a special arrangement to pick up a key - but that way, you only actually miss one day at the beginning of your rental, as rentals (in France at any rate) are not usually available before 4 pm on day of arrival.

Don't think that a resort you've not heard of means "lack of snow at this stage of the season" - the UK tour operators only use a small fraction of the available resorts. However, there is a fair lack of snow throughout much of the Alps at present (Italy seems pretty good, but that's some extra driving). There are some fairly dire reports, for example, from the 3 Valleys, in the last few days.

However, for early April it is wise to head somewhere which has some high altitude skiing and also (more important, actually) a range of different aspects.

If you look at the websites for relevant resorts there will be a link to accommodation (either through rental agencies, or privately). There will be hundreds - thousands even - to choose from, some small and cheap, others more luxurious, lots of different locations.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Actually, if you leave early Sunday, you could easily arrive Sunday evening, ready to go on Monday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy