Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Ski School in Les Arcs (Arc 1800) Winter 2011 - Report Back

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After lots of useful Snowheads tips before we went skiing this year as to the best Ski School for a five year old beginner in Les Arcs - I promised to report back so here goes:
I chose ARC ADVENTURES in Arc 1800 and pre-booked (online) my five year old son for six mornings from 9.30-12.00 at Euro 152. I had specifically asked for an English speaker and they did not disappoint. The ski garden where they teach the children is great - yes smaller than ESF's but has all they need to get those first basic skills under their belts, then they are away onto the piste. You can meet at either the garden or the Transarc lift each morning and children's vests are colour coded depending on where their meeting point is. This is great for the more advanced children as they go straight onto the lift each morning and onto the piste. My son was taught by four teachers as he progressed - all of whom were brilliant with the children, friendly, patient and spoke good English. They were Kevin, Emily, Tom and Francois. He ended up being the only English child in the class but the instructors made him feel welcome and included him really well. On day 2, we booked a private lesson in the afternoon with Emily who took him onto the piste for the first time. She was great with him and I highly recommend -early on in the week - forking out the extra Euro 40 for a one hour lesson like this. From here on, there was just no stopping him! I encountered an ESF instructor with her young charges on the slopes and I was not impressed with her attitude to the children - an English lady tried to help a small child who had fallen and Ms ESF shouted "No, no, no!" at her continually - the poor little one was in floods tears and Ms ESF made no attempt to help or comfort him! I much preferred the friendly, patient attitude of ARC ADVENTURES. If children were upset they were patient and always had time to talk to and reassure parents. The first couple of days are always a bit strange and unfamiliar particularly if you are the only English child in the class but I have to say that from day 3 onwards my son couldn't wait to get off to ski school each morning and the confidence they instilled in him had him skiing blue runs with his mum from each afternoon onwards. I highly recommend ARC ADVENTURES and am happy to relay any further comments if you wish to private message me. Just desperate for next year now!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pipstar, thanks for the feedback.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy