Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Video TR Via Lattea

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
While I'm waiting to heal, I've put together (finally!) a short movie of last year's trip to Via Lattea, featuring amongst others snowheads snowball and irbis.

Footage shot on a ContourHD (by me and others) and on a Panasonic FZ35 by Zeb Roche, our guide.

This editing lark ain't easy! I started with longer segments and different songs for each of the skiers, and then realised I don't quite have enough strong footage (or time to edit it) for a 15-minute video so regretfully got rid of the playlist and stuck to a sub-5 minute video and one song. (Still need to add footage from Roger and one more skier).

Enjoy! (and any comments on what to improve are welcome!)

http://youtube.com/v/NOJxr0XODn4
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon wrote:
realised I don't quite have enough strong footage (or time to edit it) for a 15-minute video so regretfully got rid of the playlist and stuck to a sub-5 minute video

Good decision. Less is more. I (and I'd guess most people) wouldn't have bothered watching it if it had been longer than 5 minutes. Interesting though and not wobbly, which a lot of vids on here are. (Disclaimer - I know nothing about video-making!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horizon, I know nothing about video-making either, but really enjoyed that. Thank you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great stuff - really enjoyed that. Good to see POV with a skier in front which makes a nice point of reference. You see so many now with nothing to look at aprt from a pair of ski tips!

Love your skiing style Horizon - nice big "man size" turns !!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
great video showing off a great area for what it's worth... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
horizon, Excellent, thanks for that. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy